IGNORED

Streamer for Amazon music HD

Sorry long time since I looked at streamers.

ive got a Sonos connect but guess that won’t stream the higher definition files, what would be a good option to stream and feed this into my dac or change to an integrated amp/dac/streamer?

cheers

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from purchasing a node 2i what other options are there for streaming Amazon HD? 

Anyone using a Raspberry pi? Alternatively I have a small pc ..is there a way to run Amazon headless using a tablet for control?

I've had some success using the Amazon music android app to a Chromecast but my pi/Allo digione sounds better (with Qobuz). Streaming via my digione would be the preferred option...

Thanks

Guess you could VNC into a PC.
Its going backward though, its a PC to maintain plus the user interface might not be that great.
I use a Sonos Connect which is not hi-def, if i want to use hi-def think I'm just going to plug my mac into the DAC.

Sonos is OK for general listening , how many times do you really want to try and hear every detail?

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

18 hours ago, alandbush said:

I have been using Parallels Access successfully on an iPad Air 2 accessing Amazon HD on a Windows 10 pro pc.  A free trial is available should it interest you.

Thanks, tried this and eventually got it to work using a Minix pc, however the resolution is shocking and user interface terrible this way on an 8" tablet. Also, whilst the Amazon app on the Minix showed ultra HD the stream arriving at my DAC was only 44/16. Sadly this is not going to work for me. Fingers crossed Amazon release their APi to Volumio etc so we can take advantage of this service. 

21 hours ago, Moppit said:

Aside from purchasing a node 2i what other options are there for streaming Amazon HD? 

Anyone using a Raspberry pi? Alternatively I have a small pc ..is there a way to run Amazon headless using a tablet for control?

I've had some success using the Amazon music android app to a Chromecast but my pi/Allo digione sounds better (with Qobuz). Streaming via my digione would be the preferred option...

Thanks

They've also partnered with HEOS, Play-Fi, and others. They want you to buy electronics through Amazon, and have no interest in helping us build RasPi solutions or anything else fun and DIY. Also, currently they support only "standard quality" for Chromecast Audio. See this report on HEOS and CCA, and my response re CCA below that: 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

2 hours ago, Moppit said:

Thanks, tried this and eventually got it to work using a Minix pc, however the resolution is shocking and user interface terrible this way on an 8" tablet. Also, whilst the Amazon app on the Minix showed ultra HD the stream arriving at my DAC was only 44/16. Sadly this is not going to work for me. Fingers crossed Amazon release their APi to Volumio etc so we can take advantage of this service. 

What a shame it’s unsuitable for you.

For the sake of balance, I’ve attached two iPad screen shots of the Amazon iPad app and the Amazon Windows app via Parallels Access.

Admittedly, the resolutions are different but more than acceptable, for me at least.

However, I think we can agree it could be done better by Amazon themselves.  Opening the API is certainly a way forward but allowing the Amazon iPad app to communicate with it’s PC software, via UPNP/Dlna (?), would also be useful.

E5613C08-05E3-4FAC-B3A9-5F4A88734213.png

4A18FFAE-D8D4-48A3-A161-138F9B7864EB.png