IGNORED

IsoAcoustic Gaia Speaker Footers

Yes, they exceeded my greatest expectations. It is one of those products where the question " what changed" is simply answered by "everything" and very much for the better ( the improvement is not subtle). So far every friend who was familiar with my system before  I installed IsoAcoustic pucks and has heard the system since has bought a set.  Oh, that is except for my friend running Quad ESLs who can't figure out were he could use them ( nor can I).

BTW, after talking to Iso Acoustics in Canada and as guidance for the correct product to purchase, the Gaia's are really meant for floorstanders with bushes for spikes. The pucks and the stands seem more aimed at the pro market for either stand mounts or for e.g. meter bridge mounting. The essential point is that the base of the speaker is in direct contact with the isolation units as one aim is to prevent resonances between speaker base and the support  i.e. don't screw Gaias into a speaker stand base in replacement for spikes. In that case you need the pucks or one of IsoAcoustics stands between the stand top plate and the speaker. In my case pucks were chosen as had I used the IsoAcoustic stand then the tweeter would be placed too high for my listening position. The pucks are only around 3 centimetres tall when installed and loaded.

Incidentally, if you go the pucks, you need one per 9kg of speaker loading with a minimum of 3 per speaker.

I also recommended them below in the thread concerning ATC speakers.