Sign in to follow this  
firedog

Interesting new stuff from PS Audio for music serving

Rate this topic

http://www.psaudio.com/ps/newsletters/november-2011-ps-audio-newsletter/

Includes: a multi platform, multi-format music player, organizer, ripper that will output "bit-perfect" audio. Will be a free download.

A "Perfect Wave" Digital Lens - sort of like their PWD and bridge without the DAC. Will enable network play streaming from about any source to your DAC.

Sounds really interesting to me. Both products I might use.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>RPi4 9(dietpi)>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: (1) CAPS Pipeline>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Schiit Freya>Kii Three .(2) CAPS>ifi iDAC SPDIF>Kii Control.

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup. Living Room/Kitchen: RB Pi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Both products look really interesting. At first glance the multi-platform organizer looks like it will have much of the functionality that iTunes should have and has the potential to address many of its shortcomings.

It honestly sounds like a great program but:

TMM is a multi-year work in progress. When it launches at the end of December it will not have all of its features in place.

So it's actually a few years away.... alot can happen in a few years.