IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

47 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't think I understand what you ideally want. 

What I described enables the Amazon desktop app to store music on one's NAS. 

I'd like to be able to browse Amazon's selections from my NAS. 

In the case you've mentioned, I'm guessing, from my PC, I'd need to first select the music from Amazon I wanted and then, in this case from my Roon app, play that selection from my NAS. 

If I'm misunderstanding something, please let me know. 

Thanks Chris. 

Joel

55 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You can store the Amazon Music HD downloaded / offline music on a NAS and stream it from there. 

Here is the setting.

I want to clarify that you can select where offline music will be stored, but the files will be encrypted and can be played only through the Amazon app. In their license agreements, music labels require streaming services to encrypt locally stored files (except of course purchased downloads).

1 minute ago, RichardSF said:

I want to clarify that you can select where offline music will be stored, but the files will be encrypted and can be played only through the Amazon app. In their license agreements, music labels require streaming services to encrypt locally stored files (except of course purchased downloads).

Thanks for the clarification, RichardSF. 

Joel

Just now, joelha said:

I'll check but I won't be surprised if that option doesn't exist yet. 

Thanks shadowlight. 

Joel

I would give it couple of weeks/months to see if it makes any progress.

Folks on the BubbleUPnP thread on xda-developers are already asking if there are plans to add support for that.

3 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Big assumption on my part here.  Since, BluOS already has support for Amazon there has to be some kind of API that exists.

API or partnership? Who gets to play with Amazon is the question; Roon or Audirvana+?  Time will tell, but if Amazon wants the audiophiles, they need to support audiophile equipment.

Desktop app mostly works to USB DACs but many prefer the tablet apps or at least all the options Roon software gets you with Roon endpoints.

14 minutes ago, Gus141 said:

Yes, that’s going to be an interesting issue: who gets access to the APIs?

TIDAL and Qobuz have been great getting their services integrated into third-party apps that support high-end streamers (e.g. DS Lightning, mConnect, etc.). Folks who own multi-thousand-dollar streamers (Auralic, Lumin, etc.) aren’t likely to leave a service that they can currently control with their remote apps, unless Amazon Music gets on those apps/streamers (like BluOS devices).

Listening to Lumineers at the moment playing on my main system from Amazon HD app on phone through microRendu via its Shairport app. The Amazon app acts as a remote.

This means my DAC rather than Audirvana, which I'd prefer, is doing the upsampling. But it does mean that with one of the Rendus, or another device/minicomputer that supports Shairport or a similar application (perhaps some of the streamers themselves?), streaming to the main system with remote control by phone is already available.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

Listening to Lumineers at the moment playing on my main system from Amazon HD app on phone through microRendu via its Shairport app. The Amazon app acts as a remote.

This means my DAC rather than Audirvana, which I'd prefer, is doing the upsampling. But it does mean that with one of the Rendus, or another device/minicomputer that supports Shairport or a similar application (perhaps some of the streamers themselves?), streaming to the main system with remote control by phone is already available.

Good to hear, and it should only get better as time goes by.

23 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

@Jud is the Amazon app the same one that you use for Amazon Music or is there a different one?  If different can you share the name.  Search apple store but not finding anything other than amazon music

Hi @shadowlight - Same app. I found that after signing up, if I deleted and reinstalled the app it came back up as Amazon Music HD.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, shadowlight said:

Thank you.

De nada. 🙂

39 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Hi-res IMO for them is just a checkbox item to say they could do it.

I think it's a little more than that. I think they're after making just a couple bucks per customer more than competing mp3/AAC services, aiming at the kid or 30-something with what they consider a decent pair of headphones. If you want to appeal to as wide as swath as Amazon, a couple bucks per can add up pretty quickly. 

Think of it in somewhat the same way as Apple becoming a music industry behemoth, and launching iPods and iPhones, basically on the idea of the 99 cent download.

2 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

Many are here to learn, not be scolded because they have an incorrect understanding.  

I’m sure most folks won’t be surprised that a certain someone reacted with Disagree to my statement above.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256