IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

6 minutes ago, joelha said:

Taking the risk that there's an obvious answer to my question, what can I do if I want to stream HD music from my NAS? 

Joel

Assuming you can download music from Amazon for off-line streaming (which is almost certainly the case; I haven't looked), you would have to find which folder stores the files for the app's settings, cache, etc. and put them on the NAS. But you cannot "stream from the NAS" as you are probably thinking; you need to use their app. 

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Well I'm not in the States, but I just Googled "Amazon HD Unlimited" and the link took me right to the service. Put in my Amazon login and it immediately offered me a US subscription.

The app is okay. Seems to work well. The selection seems good, especially for the first day it's in business. The price is also good for hi-res streaming. But unless they get Roon integration, I don't think I'd switch from Qobuz. That's just too useful a feature to give up, and I'm not going to pay for 2 hi-res streaming subscriptions. 

But I can definitely see that  this could put both Qobuz and Tidal out of business. 

And how did you get past the payment page?

Dirk

This announcement may not sound like a big deal but it is. Tidal and Qobuz gets competition, but with a lower price. I signed up myself and will test it on my Bluesound Node and PowerNode. Maybe this is why my Bluesound devices have been asking to update for a few days now.

Jay-Z wont be sleeping tonight. Will Tidal lower their price tomorrow?

RIP Qobuz. You never had a chance. Roon integration would be nice, but i doubt it.

18 minutes ago, kirkmc said:

Assuming you can download music from Amazon for off-line streaming (which is almost certainly the case; I haven't looked), you would have to find which folder stores the files for the app's settings, cache, etc. and put them on the NAS. But you cannot "stream from the NAS" as you are probably thinking; you need to use their app. 

16 minutes ago, joelha said:

Not the answer I was hoping for, but it was the answer I was expecting. 

Thanks kirkmc. 

Joel

I'm wondering if the answer is "it depends." If your NAS can be configured as a file/application server, and the OS is one the Amazon app will run on, then maybe...?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

(deleted)

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

4 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

Why don't you enlighten us instead of taking a swipe at me?  

I'm familiar with the x.509 standard - but was only trying to be helpful to the conversation.  Why not try to be helpful yourself?  

And as an FYI, I got that idea from my day job. We ship products that 95% of Fortune 500 companies trust to secure their web traffic. 

He wasn't addressing you. He was addressing Kirk.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

I'm wondering if the answer is "it depends." If your NAS can be configured as a file/application server, and the OS is one the Amazon app will run on, then maybe...?

Thanks for the suggestion, Jud. 

In short, I have no idea but if anyone else does, I'm willing to learn. 

Joel

9 minutes ago, wdw said:

Logging in from Canada .... the site sends me back to the Canadian Amazon site without any apparent links to the HD version of Amazon Music.  Any Canadians able to log in and play?

The service is not available in Canada (yet...)

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

He wasn't addressing you. He was addressing Kirk.

Yeah my bad.  I deleted my comment after seeing this.  My point is still valid.  Why did he need to take a swipe at Kirk?  Why couldn't he have just corrected the statement as I did?  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You can store the Amazon Music HD downloaded / offline music on a NAS and stream it from there. 

Here is the setting.

Thanks for the idea, Chris. 

If I'm understanding you right, this would be a two step process, is that right? 

If so, at least in some cases, better than nothing. 

Joel

Just now, joelha said:

Thanks for the idea, Chris. 

If I'm understanding you right, this would be a two step process, is that right? 

If so, at least in some cases, better than nothing. 

Joel

I don't think I understand what you ideally want. 

What I described enables the Amazon desktop app to store music on one's NAS. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

Yeah my bad.  I deleted my comment after seeing this.  My point is still valid.  Why did he need to take a swipe at Kirk?  Why couldn't he have just corrected the statement as I did?  

I had already made a correct statement, to which the incorrect one was a reply. Why should I repeat myself?

10 minutes ago, mansr said:

I had already made a correct statement, to which the incorrect one was a reply. Why should I repeat myself?

Many are here to learn, not be scolded because they have an incorrect understanding.