IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

Curious if when you install the Amazon Desktop App if there are any Sound Card settings to choose from? Someone previously mentioned wanting ASIO/WASPI support. If there are no such options I assume the App is just using the standard Windows driver (assuming your using Windows).

Using just the windows driver may call into question if playback is BitPerfect or not. I get that this is brand new and probably has plenty of updates to come in terms of the Amazon Desktop App itself but something to consider when comparing the Amazon offering to other well established alternatives like Roon..etc (for now).

I've not yet jumped into the Streaming world but without Apps like Roon/JRiver in line between a streaming service and my playback chain things like Room Correction are not an option. In my case, without Roon my Subs wont even work so it will be awhile before I see myself signing up for these types of services.

Long story short, I wouldn't stick the fork into Roon or similar Apps just yet just because the giant has walked into the room and IMO for this reason I see no reason why QoBuzz or Tidal have anything to worry about....yet

With that said, I certainly wouldn't complain if Roon decided to partner with Amazon for streaming given the attractive Amazon price compared to the others.