IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

35 minutes ago, kirkmc said:

So are they applying DRM to FLAC files, or are they using Apple Lossless? Because it's always possible to retrieve files from a cache, so they must have some form of DRM. Anyone have any thoughts on how they could be doing this? 

All services that allow offline music use DRM. All streaming services also have to use watermarked content if provided by the label. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

Why don't you enlighten us instead of taking a swipe at me?  

I'm familiar with the x.509 standard - but was only trying to be helpful to the conversation.  Why not try to be helpful yourself?  

And as an FYI, I got that idea from my day job. We ship products that 95% of Fortune 500 companies trust to secure their web traffic. 

He wasn't addressing you. He was addressing Kirk.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, joelha said:

Thanks for the idea, Chris. 

If I'm understanding you right, this would be a two step process, is that right? 

If so, at least in some cases, better than nothing. 

Joel

I don't think I understand what you ideally want. 

What I described enables the Amazon desktop app to store music on one's NAS. 

Just received a press release from Lenbrook / NAD / Bluesound / BluOS. It contains some info about the partnership with Amazon for this new service. Mainly stuff we all know, but want to post it anyway. It's attached.

I requested an NAD C 658 DAC with BluOS integrated for review. Could be a great solution for $1,649. 

NR BluOS Among First to Integrate with Amazon Music HD 18SEP2019.pdf

46 minutes ago, Gus141 said:

Can’t Get 24/192 on Bluesound Node 2i.

Neil Diamond - 50th Anniversary Collection, Sweet Caroline:

AMZ app (iPad) says 24/192 available and plays that way to external DAC connected via CCK; added that track to library; played that track via BlueSound’s iOS app to Node 2i connected to RME ADI-2 DAC: the DAC reports it is playing 24/96 not 24/192. Play the same track via Qobuz through the same Node 2i/RME setup and the RME DAC reports it is getting 24/192.  Weird that the Amazon stream is downgraded to 96 for this 192 album (tried other songs on this album between AMZ and Qobuz: AMZ plays as 96 on Node 2i, Qobuz plays as 192 on same Node 2i). Maybe this is Amazon doing some dynamic quality control based on network speed, but if that’s the case funny that Qobuz didn’t have a problem with my network.

Another example.

J.S. Ondara, Tales of America:

24/192 on Qobuz ->Node 2i-(Coax)->RME ADI-2 DAC;

24/192 on Amazon iOS app on iPad-(CCK)->external DACs;

but, BluOS Amazon Music plays this album as 24/96 on Node 2i-(Coax)->RME ADI-2 DAC

@cscamp and @The Computer Audiophile have you been able to get 24/192 from Amazon Music out of your BluOS devices to an external DAC? What tracks? I’ll try them.

I received this from my Lenbrook / Blusound contact:

What I can say at the moment is BluOS supports the new service, it’s available now to all BluOS enabled devices in US, UK, Germany, and Japan; there are two tiers: UHD and HD.

I need more info on the two tier thing. So far my streams have been at 96k. 

4 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I am hoping someone analysis the stream to make sure that it's not MQA in another format.

anyone have an MQA DAC to test the content from 2L. 2L delivers MQA to Qobuz whether they want it or not. 

This looks strange 24/48. This content is usually at much higher sample rates if left native. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.06.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.03.00 AM.png