IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

7 hours ago, Jud said:

While absolutely wanting to have Qobuz for the sound quality, I would like Amazon to succeed in this. I imagine other companies are watching Amazon closely to see whether streaming in CD and higher quality is commercially viable. If so, we can look forward to greater availability for streaming and perhaps downloads. If not....

One would question whether streaming as it is now with MP3/AAC is making any money with all the millions of subscriptions and equally large user base. Streaming consistently loses money, just don't understand how these companies can survive, with just promises of coming good.

Look, good luck to Amazon HD/Ultra HD, but the demand for lossless streaming or even downloads is just not there from Mr/Mrs/Miss J. Public. Might be showing my age here, but very little modern pop music interests me, used to ,but now it sounds too much the same, ergo content is a large part of it, the large reason why I dumped Tidal, the front intro page was usually kack.

In 2002 Norah Jones, Come Away with Me. That album appealed to a very wide audience, and still sells well on the Super Hirez, hasn't dropped out of the top 5 for years now. So where's the next Come Away with Me?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

And what I find most humorous is that the just-announced Amazon “Studio” wireless smart speaker with Dolby Atmos is a single, large-coffee-can-sized pod. Are we to believe that the Atmos DSP is so powerful that this speaker will throw sound in such a ventriloquist-like manner that we will be able to close our eyes and feel enveloped in a big wrap-around sound-stage? 

How’d that work out for the Apple HomePod and the dozen other lifestyle DSP speakers on the market?

”Alexa, file me in your database under not the rube you think I am.” x-D

Even Bose used two speakers.....

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA