IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

2 hours ago, findog3103 said:

Same here. My wife and son want nothing to do with connecting airplay speakers. Open Tidal or Spotify hit play, then listen. But what they love the most is listening to BBC6 via the iPlayer Radio app. The human connection of the DJ is something the miss and the other day we heard Prince Buster followed by Fat White Family followed by The Shadows followed by Brian Eno. No algorithm does that for you.

I find Stingray Music very good for human curated playlists. It streams in 320 kbps and is included with most cable TV subscriptions internationally. IMO, the sound quality is slightly better than Spotify and dead simple to use. It integrates with Sonos, not sure about other platforms.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, lucretius said:

I logged in from Canada and it offered me the subscription. However, I have an Amazon US account in addition to a Amazon Canada (and Amazon UK) account.  I was automatically logged in to Amazon US (cookie) when I went to the link Chris provided.

I am curious as to where I can find the link to download the app?  Is it for the PC? Or is there only apps for Android/iOS?

I also have both a US and Canadian account and am able to see the offer for the free HD trial on the US site however, when I enter my credit card information, I get the following message: 

Service not available

Unfortunately, Amazon Music Unlimited is not available in the country associated with your account. Visit your Amazon Music Settings on your desktop and view Your Country Settings for more information.

It would not accept a Canadian MasterCard. If you were able to get around this, would you mind sharing how yo managed to do it?

I also contacted Amazon via chat and quickly received a response. The agent had never heard of Prime Music HD but transfered me to a different department. They didn't know when it would be available in Canada and said they would add me to the list of people interested. Hopefully, it will roll out quicker than Qobuz.