IGNORED

Kimber Carbon Cables - new series

wdw

Hello All,

Not sure where to post this so here goes;  wanted to apprise you all of a new series of cables from Kimber Cable, named Carbon, that sits above the Summit and below their top of the line Select series of cables.  I have recently moved to a complete "loom" of these new series and just wanted to relay just how good they sound (cable naysayer's: just go home and forget about it!).

The Carbon XLR just spanked my Nordost Heimdall 2 XLR as did the speaker cable with the Heimdall 2 speaker cables. 

Musical and quietly accurate to the frequency extremes.  

WDW

41 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

C16 or just the same crummy ol' C14?

Dunno,

Was never a Kimber guy but took the advice of my local stereo hut....if the 14/16 is a nomenclature for the number of wires within the braid, the Carbon speaker cable is available in 8/16/pricey.

nevertheless, surprised and recommended.

Like Audioquest , Kimber have a bewildering array of cables, in one series seems to be

good

better

best

extreme

and the seven layers of each of these. Each one more $ than the other, far too much choice of the same theme, so no choice makes sense 😁.

i built the classic in the 80’s from 16 gauge PTFE and WBT plugs, worked out reasonably well, but best results were with a screened PTFE  2 core RCA.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 hour ago, wdw said:

Dunno,

Was never a Kimber guy but took the advice of my local stereo hut....if the 14/16 is a nomenclature for the number of wires within the braid, the Carbon speaker cable is available in 8/16/pricey.

nevertheless, surprised and recommended.

Hmmm... I think he was thinking about the various isotopes :-).

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

15 hours ago, Archimago said:

Hmmm... I think he was thinking about the various isotopes :-).

Yes.  And Kimber has as many cables as there are isotopes of carbon (tho the cables have half-lives that are longer than many of the isotopes.

For the record, I have some Kimber speaker cables but stopped using them last year.