IGNORED

Incredible Sound Improvement

27 minutes ago, mansr said:

What? Where was this, and who was offended?

Former hippies teaching in hicksville schools?  This wasn't university level for science majors or anything.   lol  It might have been a regional thing in that particular time, I don't know.  Michigan, the Alabama of the North, during the Reagan years.  haha!  It was hell.

They didn't want any students using the term 'noble' gases, it had to be 'inert.'  They ignored the distinction of elemental versus compound gases, and lumped the noble gases in with inert gases in general.  Nobility is an elitist system, you know.  Similar concept to using womyn instead of women, I guess?  Or people getting fired from a university for using a certain word correctly, despite having tenure, even.  An innocent word beginning with 'n' that is unrelated to the horrible word.  That case was widely reported at the time, I think. 

I never did any advanced study in chemistry, so it was just something stupid to laugh about that I recall whenever I see any mention of either noble or inert gases.  I thought it might have been more widespread, or I wouldn't have bothered attempting a joke.  Oh well, my jokes fall flat most of the time, why should this be any different?  lol

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

31 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

Former hippies teaching in hicksville schools?  This wasn't university level for science majors or anything.   lol  It might have been a regional thing in that particular time, I don't know.  Michigan, the Alabama of the North, during the Reagan years.  haha!  It was hell.

They didn't want any students using the term 'noble' gases, it had to be 'inert.'  They ignored the distinction of elemental versus compound gases, and lumped the noble gases in with inert gases in general.  Nobility is an elitist system, you know.

Guess I've been living a sheltered life here in Europe.

31 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

Or people getting fired from a university for using a certain word correctly, despite having tenure, even.  An innocent word beginning with 'n' that is unrelated to the horrible word.  That case was widely reported at the time, I think. 

Niggardly?

15 hours ago, bobbmd said:

as air (gas)(farts) get denser it solidifies into Schiit(wonder if there is a Norse god for that?? 

No, but I've heard new Schiit line will consist of components with names like Fart, Arse, Rectum ect.. IMO they should've named their products like that from the very beginning..

15 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

I just got back from the mountain, where I was able to do a double blind comparison of clean mountain air and audiophile air.  I solicited the help of a number of locals, which included 3 lumberjacks, a moose, 2 bears, and an itinerant Swiss yodeler.

Audiophile air was preferred by all.

And we were all double blind from consuming local hard cider.

Don't believe it was double-blind. Do you have ABX logs to prove it?