IGNORED

CORE AUDIO DAIDO Barebone Entry Music server

PhilG

I'd be really interested in this if I could buy just the power supply.  I don't want to be limited to mATX or mini iTX.  I've sent them an inquiry.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Core Audio has made a spreadsheet that provides information on this question, it can be downloaded from the product page on the Highendaudiopc website (the shop), since Core Audio is part of its product selection. You will find the PDF to download under
"CORE AUDIO DAIDO DAIDO Barebone Entry Music Server", just next to the product description (you must login).

From memory, the amperages for each voltage are:
- Motherboard:   12v 8A
                             12v 5A
                               5v 5A
                             3.3v 5A
- CPU:                   12v 5A

The 3 outputs (shown in the pictures) for USB, SSD and HDD cards provide respectively:
- USB:                    5v 5A
- SSD (2):              5v 5A
- HDD:                12v 5A

Feel free to contact Viktor Varady at Core Audio. He is very helpful and will be able to provide you with all the information you may need.

Music server (single PC): CORE AUDIO DAIDO Reference i9 Series (ASUS Maximus XI Gene mATX motherboard, i9 9900T cpu, CORE AUDIO BiClock MasterClock :24MHz & 25MHz) CORE AUDIO Linear ATX PSU / 3 transformers (300 Va) in FC-10 (modified) case, CORE AUDIO ULN PSU for MasterClock , G-Skill 2x8GB DDR4 RAM / APACER 2x4GB ECC RAM (used as non ECC), SAMSUNG 870 Evo Plus M2 nvme SSD) , JCAT FEMTO USB Card , JCAT Reference USB Cable, Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 (for USB card),  2 external Toshiba 3To 2.5" HDDs (music files),

Software: Windows Server 2019 Standard (Total Commander as shell), JPLAY 7 Femto, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, BubbleUPnP, MinotityClean

Audio equipment: Singxer SU-1 (heavily modified), PS Audio Direcstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp , ROGUE AUDIO M-180 (2 Monoblocs) Amp, 

JMR Offrande Supreme v2 loudspeakers, Digital cables: Wireworld silver Starlight 7 HDMI, Paul Pang AES,  IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, miscellaneous DIY ... 

Power cables: Triode Wire Labs, miscellaneous DIY ... 

Note limitation of 65W CPU on that download PDF.  I'm not sure if this is due to the Streacom case or the power supply (or both).

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

I am pretty sure that there is no correlation between Core Audio, a Hungarian company, and the late Core Audio Technology, except for the similarity of name, which indeed may lead to confusion. However, the best I think, you're right, is probably to check this with Viktor Varady.

Music server (single PC): CORE AUDIO DAIDO Reference i9 Series (ASUS Maximus XI Gene mATX motherboard, i9 9900T cpu, CORE AUDIO BiClock MasterClock :24MHz & 25MHz) CORE AUDIO Linear ATX PSU / 3 transformers (300 Va) in FC-10 (modified) case, CORE AUDIO ULN PSU for MasterClock , G-Skill 2x8GB DDR4 RAM / APACER 2x4GB ECC RAM (used as non ECC), SAMSUNG 870 Evo Plus M2 nvme SSD) , JCAT FEMTO USB Card , JCAT Reference USB Cable, Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 (for USB card),  2 external Toshiba 3To 2.5" HDDs (music files),

Software: Windows Server 2019 Standard (Total Commander as shell), JPLAY 7 Femto, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, BubbleUPnP, MinotityClean

Audio equipment: Singxer SU-1 (heavily modified), PS Audio Direcstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp , ROGUE AUDIO M-180 (2 Monoblocs) Amp, 

JMR Offrande Supreme v2 loudspeakers, Digital cables: Wireworld silver Starlight 7 HDMI, Paul Pang AES,  IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, miscellaneous DIY ... 

For me, the warning stated is clear and unambiguous. It says "Maximum 65W TDP processor recommended  (reason: Streacom FC10 passive cooling limit) "
Which in my opinion is rather a healthy recommendation from Core Audio as I doubt the 4 heatpipes of the Streacom are able to properly remove the heat from, for instance, one of these super powerful last gen CPUs.

Dear PhilG,

thank you very much for your kindly description, i hope you will be happy to use our product :) 

@rickca i am attached to you a document about our PS paramteters. If you have any further question please contact me with confidence!

Bye,

Viktor

CoreAudio-HTPC-PSU_parameters_20190601.pdf

Manufacturer of Core Audio equipments

www.coreaudio.eu

Source: Core Audio DAIDO ULTIMATE + CA KARUNA ULTIMATE USB/SPDIF Bridge + CA DENPO ULTIMATE DAC

Amplifiers: MBL 6010D preamp + MBL 9008A monoblocks

Loudspeakers: MBL 101emkII, YG Hailey 2.2

Cables: TARALABS USB, Muse Digit, Muse IC + ZERO Evolution, Muse SP

On 9/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, PhilG said:

I only made one modification to the rear of the FC-10. The  Streacom box is certainly aesthetically pleasing but it has the drawback of not having any vertical expansion slots (only 2 large horizontal slots, only one of which is actually usable in practice because they are too close together). As a result it requires the use of a riser cable, which I wanted to avoid as it seems to degrade the sound quality a bit. So I cut the back of the FC-10 as well as the back of an old FC-9 (a useless spare case that had ugly wear marks on the cover) and assembled the two parts in order to have 2 usable vertical slots.

That's exactly why I use the FC9 Alpha Fanless Chassis. Respect! A really successful conversion.

JCAT USB Card FEMTO is a very good supplement to the JCAT NET Card FEMTO😉

16 hours ago, wittao said:

Dear PhilG,

thank you very much for your kindly description, i hope you will be happy to use our product :)

@rickca i am attached to you a document about our PS paramteters. If you have any further question please contact me with confidence!

Bye,

Viktor

CoreAudio-HTPC-PSU_parameters_20190601.pdf 73.6 kB · 18 downloads

What about the noise figures per rail?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 hour ago, StreamFidelity said:

That's exactly why I use the FC9 Alpha Fanless Chassis. Respect! A really successful conversion.

JCAT USB Card FEMTO is a very good supplement to the JCAT NET Card FEMTO😉

Thank you. I share your opinion about the FC-9 Alpha. I think it is the best-designed in the Streacom range, precisely because it integrates several vertical slots.
For those who need more internal volume, the FC-10 would be near perfect if it used the same design for the rear panel. Too bad Streacom made a different choice :(

The JCAT NET Card FEMTO is already on my wish list :)

Not sure, but I'm not the one who can best answer you. I think it's better to ask Viktor at Core Audio.
It should  be remembered that this power supply unit requires proper cooling, in this respect, the large heatsink of the Streacom case does its job quite well.

Ok, I see you also have a JCAT (Bakoon) battery for your SSD ;)
Can I ask you which PSU you use to power the two Uptone LPS-1.2 ?

I just noticed in the documentation

The case of the device has a part specially made to actively take part in leading heat off from the 8 power circuits.

So, it may not be practical to use the power supply in a different case.  I'm exploring this with Viktor.  Clearly, Core Audio has done a careful job of systems integration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

we finished in the past weeks the new 2021 model of the DAIDO Barebone Entry.

Changes:

- new PSU model (just few modification, refreshing with some new parts, de basic is the same as earlier)

Nichicon FineGold capacitors, 110.000uF

- unique designed toroidal transformers (2pcs, 250VA/ea), antivibration damping, triple shielded

- UPOCC inside cabling

- soft start option

- only mini ITX MB compatible

Thank you,

Viktor

ps. tha last picture is the Core Audio DAIDO based on the same solution.

DAIDO Barebone Entry 1.png

DAIDO Barebone Entry 3.png

1.png

Manufacturer of Core Audio equipments

www.coreaudio.eu

Source: Core Audio DAIDO ULTIMATE + CA KARUNA ULTIMATE USB/SPDIF Bridge + CA DENPO ULTIMATE DAC

Amplifiers: MBL 6010D preamp + MBL 9008A monoblocks

Loudspeakers: MBL 101emkII, YG Hailey 2.2

Cables: TARALABS USB, Muse Digit, Muse IC + ZERO Evolution, Muse SP