Andrew Neville

Allo Digione Signature No Sound

Rate this topic

I have a problem with my new Allo Digione Signature player. I am using Volumio and if I connect my TV with an HDMI cable I get sound, but using a digital RCA cable to my Teddy Pardo DAC there is no sound and the green light on the DAC that indicates data is not lit.

I am at my wits end!

Can anyone help?

Andrew

I know nothing about the device but did you disconnect the HDMI cable when trying to play to the TP?  Maybe something in the hierarchy that does not allow simultaneous digital connections and chooses HDMI.  

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear R7800 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBT->Topping NX4 DSD->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: Squeeze Commander (DroidX) & iPeng (iPad Air); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: Sony NWZ_ZX1 & ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  Wish List: New DAC,  SBT replacement; Dream system: Linn EXACT or ATC Active or Big Tubes (KR or Nagra or Shindo or ...)

My goal is to use appliances and take home PC out of the chain...

I suspect its a Volumio misconfiguration issue. You should see the Allo Digione board as an available output device in Volumio and it needs to be selected as the audio

output. What do you see as available audio devices and what is selected?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

The Sig board has no hdmi output so you were only using the rpi to connect to your tv. 

When you powered up the Sig, did you power the clean side first and then the rpi? It has to be done in that order.

Is your power supply on the clean side meeting the voltage requirements?

Every issue I've had with the sig has always been with power....me messing something up. 

It sounds great though!

On 9/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, jcbenten said:

l

Hi

sorry our tech guy is out until tomorrow (personal issue), so answer will be delayed. For my part , I suspect a faulty unit , it seems that you are doing everything right . PM me with your order number and tommorow after review by main engineer we can ship you a replacement .