IGNORED

Finally a Schiit product I can get excited about....

Norton

33 minutes ago, garrardguy60 said:

Anyone have any experience with belt setups like this, with no detent/groove to stabilize the belt?

My Michell Gyro (Orbe platter) had same setup and I had no problem in 17 years’ daily use.  I think it’s quite common, as I recall my Origin Live Resolution was also like this.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, gmgraves said:

Did you watch the setup video?

I have now.  Adjustability of tonearm  is v. cool, esp. for vta  and azimuth.  Not sure though that on the fly VTA is that desirable a feature in practice , esp for those shopping at this price bracket (ie normal people, not obsessives).  But easily adjustable azimuth is comparatively  rare and definitely of value for initial setup

I’d need to be feeling brave and v. sure of stylus guard remaining put to mount cartridge to a loose tonearm like that, esp. wiring  first.

If I didn’t already have a decent TT, this would definitely be on the shopping list.  Comes across as a sophisticated offering with lots of thought put into it, vs price competition.  

8 hours ago, bobbmd said:

has anyone read the manual-you would have to be a Clarkson graduate who didn't play hockey to put it it together

I know that AS forum dwellers just hate to have to tweak, assemble or work things out for themselves.

But it’s a deck that combines a lot of adjustability with a direct sales model cutting out dealer margin, but also dealer service.   

Looks to me to be maybe an hour initial set-up tops, seems reasonable given the price.  Lucky it’s not a suspended design...