Rt66indierock

RMAF 2019 Who is going?

Rate this topic

Hrrrmm, I forgot about this event.

I live about 90 miles outside of Denver (1hr 30min drive). Depending on interest I would be up for hosting a smallish jam session/gathering at my place on SAT evening/night. My setup is nothing too earth shattering (see sig) but fairly respectable in the grand scheme of things. I don't have much/if any of a selection of Classical music but if you enjoy Rock/Metal/Disco/Alternative/Trance I very well may have it. No vinyl here, sorry.

Anyway, could be more interesting than sitting in a hotel room after the event for those willing to make the trek.

Hit me up with an IM if interested.

Would love to hear an impression of the new PS Audio speakers.

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

30 minutes ago, firedog said:

Would love to hear an impression of the new PS Audio speakers.

10 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I should be able to do that.

Chris has set up an official thread for requests and impressions. He's probably been too busy getting there / too jet lagged to find this thread and announce it here too.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

31 minutes ago, left channel said:

Chris has set up an official thread for requests and impressions. He's probably been too busy getting there / too jet lagged to find this thread and announce it here too.

Busy I get but jet lag? Its a two hour flight.

3 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Busy I get but jet lag? Its a two hour flight.

Having owned a business myself, I say Chris is always jet lagged. Even when he doesn't travel. 🙂

But seriously, nearly every time I fly to an event like that, I have to get up at 4 AM to catch a morning flight. For example.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

38 minutes ago, left channel said:

Having owned a business myself, I say Chris is always jet lagged. Even when he doesn't travel. 🙂

But seriously, nearly every time I fly to an event like that, I have to get up at 4 AM to catch a morning flight. For example.

Jet lag is time zone issue. Getting up at 4 AM to catch a flight is is a regular occurrence to see clients, family, friends and go to concerts for me and a lot of others.  I'll see a dozen people I know tomorrow before my flight to Denver.

does 100x better mean the SQ of the rooms is better?

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound