mbabst

Room Correction REW/Rephase - help needed

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you guys! :)

I'm trying to correct my room using Rephase/REW and following @SwissBear 's tutorial. I've created the filters in REW (30-300 Hz), created a filter impulse response in Rephase and did the convolution of the averaged measurement and the filter in REW. Now I'm struggling to create the Excess Phase. It's nearly flat in REW. Am I doing something wrong or is it just flat? When I import the Excess Phase in Rephase, the phase looks pretty wild. I've attached my measurments, could someone please give it a check whats going on?

Martin

Wohnzimmer.mdat

@mbabst  Hi Martin, welcome to the forum! I had a quick look, but nothing seemed to jump out at me. I have not tried this specific approach myself, but there are a lot of steps. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to trace through each one. When I was using another DSP package to time align some drivers, it took me a good three or four tries before I could repeat my results. Unless @SwissBear can point to something specific, I would tend to try the steps over again and see if you end up in the same place or not. 

There is also a thread on diyAudio that may have some insight: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/221434-rephase-loudspeaker-phase-linearization-eq-fir-filtering-tool-195.html

Sorry I could not be more help.

Mitch

Thank you guys.

I think my problem is, I'm not 100% sure when to apply IR windowing. Basic amplitude correction should be done without right? Will try to apply IR windowing on the convolution of initial measurement*amplitude_filter and will then create the excess phase.