IGNORED

Allo Boss as an external DAC

Hello all!

I'm new in the world of RB Pi DAC's and I'm looking now to buy an Allo Boss 1.2 for my RB Pi 3 B+.

But my final objective is that the Allo Boss 1.2 will not be only the DAC for the contents passed by the RB Pi, but also that the DAC could receive HD digital signals (24/192 minimum) from external sources (an external PC for example) via SPDIF Toslink and/or coaxial.

So, could you recommend me any other board that can provide to the Allo Boss 1.2 the Toslink/coaxial inputs it doesn't have? The ideal would be a card that can be stacked with the Boss using, ideally, the GPIO, without need to solder anything (I'm not a solder expert :-).

Also, if the approrpiate board exiss, I'm worried about the drivers to manage the combination, given I'm using Raspbian with JRiver Media Center 25 as content manager.

Thanks for your help and support. Best, Manuel.

Hi Possum!

Thanks for your message and interest.

I don't see that the ALLO - Relay Attenuator has digital inputs of any kind, so I don't understand how it can help to convert the ALLO Boss in a DAC that receives digital signals from external sources (apart from the internal signals coming from inside the Raspberry Pi).

If you can explain what is your idea, I would appreciate that.

Thanks again for your comment. Best, Manuel.