IGNORED

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA

I’m not sure but I think his site is totally measurements based. He basically measures  distortion, jitter, frequency response (flat or not) and S/N ratio. So he has some $500 DACs rated very highly and some $13000 ones he says are poorly engineered, even though they are praised by reviewers. 

I actually asked him if he can hear differences between the DACs that measure extremely well and those that measure almost as well, but not at his pinnacle. 

We will see what he says. I’m guessing he will say in a blind test he can’t reliably tell them apart. 

BTW, if it matters to you this seems to be one of those MQA DACs that doesn’t let you turn off the MQA filers. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)