IGNORED

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA

On 9/2/2019 at 11:36 AM, Miska said:

To some extent that was discussed, but then I got fed up and ignored the whole site. They think that as it is now is all that matters, except that nobody can hear it, so it doesn't matter. So I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve.

You really summed up the irony of the entire mindset over there in one comment, haha.

I think what they're trying to achieve now though is the takedown of any product more expensive than a $50 DAC that doesn't rank as high on their THD+N chart.  

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, pkane2001 said:

Yes, there’s some very strong skepticism on that site to anything that’s not obviously true or can’t be easily demonstrated with a controlled test. Sometimes it’s over the top, just like some sites with the purely subjective approach that go to the extreme in the opposite direction.

As I understand it, you’d want to see  much wider bandwidth measurements up to, say, megahertz range. That might be useful and can be interesting, but hardly negates the poor measurement results in the audible range, as is, for example, the case with TotalDac. Would you agree?

Could you point me to a subjectivist forum that has the same angry vibes as ASR but in reverse?  I've never encountered one, so it would be quite the site to see.  

Thanks for any link you could provide.

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

I could find you a good number on this site if you want. But I'd rather not go down this path.

Not even a single website or link then.  It seems like you're trying to create some kind of false equivalence out of thin air.

Like, is there a website that posts threads about how bad Benchmark audio products sound despite state of the art measurements?  I would consider that an "extreme subjectivist" type of view.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Here you go:

.....  ......     .    ....... 
.     . .     .   . .   .       
.       .     .  .   .  .       
 .....  ......  .     . .....   
      . .     . ....... .       
.     . .     . .     . .       
 .....  ......  .     . .       

That's it?

It seems like a pretty tame Schiit fan site from clicking around there.  And lots of discussion about headphone and budget gear.  There's even a section for Audio Science.

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

Why can't you specify which forum you're speaking of so that we can debate whether that's the case?

By the way, I'll be reviewing the Matrix for Audiophile Style, for those who'd like a subjective review. 😊

Awesome, looking forward to the review!  

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

I didn't start this conversation, and I responded to a question directed at me with the following:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in the original message, so I highlighted it for you :)

Maybe next time don't bring it up if you aren't willing to even type out the name of a website.

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Can't we all just put this unpleasantness behind us and be Super Best Audio Friends?

Lol, agreed.  The thing is that's exactly what i'd tell one of my friends if they make a claim like that, but then wouldn't tell you who or what they're talking about.  

26 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Didn’t realize it was such an important point in the conversation that it was worth all this back and forth. Maybe next time you can just respect when someone tells you that they are unwilling to engage in your questioning.

My girlfriend is super hot guys, seriously.  Too bad you can't meet her because she goes to another school, in Canada.