IGNORED

Jeff Mann

Jeff Mann

Question

My headphone-based audio system for use with Qobuz streaming is as follows-: Euphony PTS => Matrix X-SPDIF => Wyred 4 Sound 2v2se 10th Anniversary Limited Edition DAC => Niimbus US4+ headphone amplifier => HiFiMan Susvara headphones.

I have just added the Matric X-SPDIF unit to my system and I am using a standard HDMI cable to connect it (via I2s) to my DAC. I read in a forum thread that I need to have a custom HDMI cable created where two pins are changed so that the Matrix X-SPDIF will be fully compatible with my W4S DAC. Who can create that custom HDMI cable for me as I have no experience in creating my own custom cables?

3 answers to this question

What is this custom cable supposed to be able to do for you?  Does a standard HDMI cable not work for you? 

There's no harm in trying a standard cable but I will freely admit that I have no idea what "fully compatible" actually means in this instance.  

Being an R&D person, it looks like HDMI is a complex connection scheme where anyone wanting to use it is expected to follow the established standard.

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/audio-video/hdmi/hdmi-pinouts-connections.php

Why would anyone want to deviate from a standard architecture?  

I don't know anything about HDMI cables but if I had a question or wanted a custom solution, I'd contact Blue Jeans Cable. Lots of HDMI info on their site:

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/hdmi-cable-information.htm

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.