davidovada

500 titles limit on Audirvana and LMS apps

Rate this topic

As my number of favorites continues to grow(now 677) I'm still frustrated by the fact that Qobuz limits the choices visible through Audirvana and/or LMS to 500. Listening through the Qobuz desktop app, all of my favorites are available. Until Qobuz can offer a reliable UPnP solution I'm wasting my time adding favorites to my account. Hey guys at Qobuz, how about one or the other?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

@davidovada  It is not Qobuz limiting the favorites to 500. Many devices / streamers show this limitation. According to @David Craff each request for the favorites results in 500 results. The device must query the favorites until no more are delivered and then it will have all. The modification of the query algorithm has to be done by Audirvana and [email protected] for the LMS Qobuz plugin.

It seems that not all Qobuz partners are aware of how exactly the favorites query works.

Let the music touch your soul

jacobacci...thank you for the clarification. I will try to get the attention of each provider, although I wonder if Qobuz could just raise the number.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

22 hours ago, davidovada said:

As my number of favorites continues to grow(now 677) I'm still frustrated by the fact that Qobuz limits the choices visible through Audirvana and/or LMS to 500. Listening through the Qobuz desktop app, all of my favorites are available. Until Qobuz can offer a reliable UPnP solution I'm wasting my P adding favorites to my account. Hey guys at Qobuz, how about one or the other?

I'm sure Qobuz have their reasons for the 500 limit, otherwise it would not be there.

I've written to Pierre Beck this morning. It will certainly help, if you contact him too.

Thanks

19 hours ago, davidovada said:

jacobacci...thank you for the clarification. I will try to get the attention of each provider, although I wonder if Qobuz could just raise the number.

We cannot increase this value without the risk of having too long a response time.

As it is possible to retrieve the rest of the results with the "offset" and "limit" options, it is not necessary to increase the value.

Documentation is updated about this option https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation/blob/master/endpoints/favorite/getUserFavorites.md

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

thanks @David Craff

I'll forward the link to some developers I am in contact with.

On a similar subject. Is the documentation on retrieval of the track titles (track groups, track names etc.) up to date? Some apps still do not retrieve the track groups (works in classical) correctly

grazie, jacobacci...I'll contact Pierre as well

@davidovada Which version of Audirvana do you have ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Buongiorno,Damian. I'm on 3.5.20...and strangely, it's now showing all of my Qobuz favorites. Have you performed a magic trick? If yes, thank you so very much. It's a great way to start the weekend. Ringrazie.