IGNORED

500 titles limit on Audirvana and LMS apps

As my number of favorites continues to grow(now 677) I'm still frustrated by the fact that Qobuz limits the choices visible through Audirvana and/or LMS to 500. Listening through the Qobuz desktop app, all of my favorites are available. Until Qobuz can offer a reliable UPnP solution I'm wasting my time adding favorites to my account. Hey guys at Qobuz, how about one or the other?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

@davidovada  It is not Qobuz limiting the favorites to 500. Many devices / streamers show this limitation. According to @David Craff each request for the favorites results in 500 results. The device must query the favorites until no more are delivered and then it will have all. The modification of the query algorithm has to be done by Audirvana and [email protected] for the LMS Qobuz plugin.

It seems that not all Qobuz partners are aware of how exactly the favorites query works.

jacobacci...thank you for the clarification. I will try to get the attention of each provider, although I wonder if Qobuz could just raise the number.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

22 hours ago, davidovada said:

As my number of favorites continues to grow(now 677) I'm still frustrated by the fact that Qobuz limits the choices visible through Audirvana and/or LMS to 500. Listening through the Qobuz desktop app, all of my favorites are available. Until Qobuz can offer a reliable UPnP solution I'm wasting my P adding favorites to my account. Hey guys at Qobuz, how about one or the other?

I'm sure Qobuz have their reasons for the 500 limit, otherwise it would not be there.

I've written to Pierre Beck this morning. It will certainly help, if you contact him too.

Thanks

19 hours ago, davidovada said:

jacobacci...thank you for the clarification. I will try to get the attention of each provider, although I wonder if Qobuz could just raise the number.

We cannot increase this value without the risk of having too long a response time.

As it is possible to retrieve the rest of the results with the "offset" and "limit" options, it is not necessary to increase the value.

Documentation is updated about this option https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation/blob/master/endpoints/favorite/getUserFavorites.md

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Buongiorno,Damian. I'm on 3.5.20...and strangely, it's now showing all of my Qobuz favorites. Have you performed a magic trick? If yes, thank you so very much. It's a great way to start the weekend. Ringrazie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ciao, jacobacci

I am on LMS 1.530...still limited to 500...even tried updating, re-starting. Grazie.

Installed 1.530 on a friend's system a few days ago. Shows all favorites, incl > 500.

What version of LMS are you on? Latest here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108960-Synology-7-9-2-package

There is also a dedicated thread on the LMS Qobuz plugin. Michael is usually very helpful.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97146-Qobuz-com-streaming-plugin&p=951083&viewfull=1#post951083

jacobacci, grazie.  I'm on LMS 7.9.2 and Qobuz plugin 1.530. I've even deleted and re-installed both LMS and the plugin. Still stuck at 489 favorites. It's a mystery. Audirvana is showing all. Perhaps there is something in the LMS settings that I've missed. I'm an old hand at this and still cannot seem to make this work. Ringrazie.

That is really strange. If the limiting factor is indeed the LMS / Qobuz plugin, then you should be seeing exactly 500 favorites (if you actually have 500 or more). 489 seems like a strange number, as the limit in question was 500.

Qobuz delivers 500 favorites at a time and the app needs to retrieve the favorites several times (with an offset of 500 each time) to receive them all. So 489 would not fit the limiting mechanism that would show if the app only delivers the first 500 favorites only.

Have you checked in the Qobuz app what number of favorites you actually have and whether the ones shown in LMS / Qobuz Plugin are in order up to the 489 you see.

Could this be a display issue with the particular Squeezebox/LMS controller app the OP is using?

Presumably, LMS's built-in web browser controller is able to show all the retrieved Qobuz plugin favorites, but how about third party Squeezebox controller apps, like iPeng?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

37 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Could this be a display issue with the particular Squeezebox/LMS controller app the OP is using?

Presumably, LMS's built-in web browser controller is able to show all the retrieved Qobuz plugin favorites, but how about third party Squeezebox controller apps, like iPeng?

ciao, Cebolla & Jacobacci

Qobuz app(desktop & ios) and Audirvana display all 672 favorites. LMS w/Qobuz plugin and iPeng show only 489. Michael Herger is now on the case. I've sent him(hopefully) the appropriate logs. Let's see what up. Fingers crossed and thank you to everyone for your help.

4 hours ago, jacobacci said:

@davidovadaYou can try logging into LMS with a browser by going to <IP Address of NAS>:9002 , then you should see what LMS actually sees.

The default port to access the LMS control webpages is 9000, so you've probably changed yours to 9002.

Also, you've probably got LMS's password protection set in the Advanced > Security settings, which prompts the login - password protection (& therefore logging in) is off by default.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

3 hours ago, davidovada said:

LMS w/Qobuz plugin and iPeng show only 489. Michael Herger is now on the case. I've sent him(hopefully) the appropriate logs.

Ok, so you are using the iPeng app as your LMS/Squeezebox controller. It would be worth trying the built-in LMS controller, as suggested by @jacobacci, as it could be the iPeng app that is at fault.

If you haven't changed the default port settings for LMS, you should be able to get to from any web browser at

<IP of the network machine that LMS is running on>:9000

image.thumb.png.d2ccf8defa50fb6a6204157603969c4b.png

-- Jo Cox

ragazzi...Michael Herger had a look at my server logs and spotted a problem in the qobuz plugin...I'm not code literate but he immediately identified a glitch  and will repair it. Thanks again to everyone who was kind enough to help.

Just updated to Qobuz plugin v1.531and all 657 favorites now appear. As always, thanks to Michael Herger.