IGNORED

Article: Subjective: AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt Review

> I won't even go into detail about using the Pixel because audio on Android is still a joke and a kludge. 

@The Computer Audiophile adding the UAPP app is not much of a kludge to me. It sends bit perfect output to external USB DACs, and is a great all-around music player serving up local files, UPnP/DLNA files, Qobuz, Tidal (with an optional MQA add-on), Google Music, internet radio, and more. Having said that, on long trips I usually carry a separate DAP too, a FiiO X5III, also running UAPP.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Offline = Qobuz albums I’ve downloaded but not purchased. 

Ah. So then you're stuck with the Qobuz app and the Android system resampling of all output. So far Qobuz has not allowed third parties to support the offline listening mode.

Don't know why you're having a problem with the DF volume in UAPP though. I did not experience that with a Black, and @lucretius reports above he's had no such problem with a Red. It also works fine with my FiiO Q1 mkII. This may be worth asking about in the developer's support thread over on head-fi.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SJK said:

I gave away the Red, my wife uses the Black, which she prefers - using it with Windows 7.

What will she do on January 14th? I'm considering allowing at least one PC here to remain on Win7 with third-party security.

I gave my DF Black away to my daughter, who has no trouble using it on a Mac. I prefer the AKM sound and these are ESS.