IGNORED

Request for new Forum - Vinyl

Yep, seems an obvious addition to an audiophile site run as a business, both on content and traffic grounds.

Perhaps though broaden out to “Vinyl & Analogue Sources” to include those who really do want to discuss  tape, wax and power supplies.

Looking forward to the inevitable “What  is the most digital sounding turntable” thread, but maybe not as a troll this time....

Gosh some are obviously bored with computer audio and want to bring vinyl back. Vinyl's like Woodstock and they keep reminding us of it. I do have to say computer audio has seemed to have plateaued and going no where fast now. No new advances, does this mean we have done our dash, or Trump has depressed those in business enough to stop research. In the meantime the Chinese will advance there developments beyond Americas dream. Robert

3 hours ago, John Dyson said:

Frankly, a vinyl forum makes sense.  Unfortunately, vinyl is sometimes the best mastering, but it shouldnt be so.

But then I'd like to use the fantastic digital convolution filters that yield the actual responses shown in my sig.

HQP enables that

a ADC is required

etc

So there's definitely a Vinyl / Computer interface to discuss

not sure it justifies a new forum but a thread for sure

As an aside from the previous post I learned that The Masked Cucumber is a French comic strip dating back to 1965.  

I grew up in Quebec with Bob Morane, Tintin and Les Aventures de Asterix - some time later with Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) but Le Concombre Masque is a new one.

8 hours ago, robocop said:

Gosh some are obviously bored with computer audio

Well now we know that all DACs sound the same, bits are bits as far as sources are concerned and HiRes is unnecessary when we have RBCD, there’s not much digital left to talk about anymore.  Analogue on the other hand...

8 hours ago, robocop said:

Gosh some are obviously bored with computer audio and want to bring vinyl back. Vinyl's like Woodstock and they keep reminding us of it. I do have to say computer audio has seemed to have plateaued and going no where fast now. No new advances, does this mean we have done our dash, or Trump has depressed those in business enough to stop research. In the meantime the Chinese will advance there developments beyond Americas dream. Robert

FYI: Vinyl never left and for at least one very good reason.

30 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

The endless opportunity for tweaking that it provides for neurotic audiophiles?

Have you been reading any of the threads in the Music Servers forum? I no longer listen to vinyl, but I am still in the process of digitizing my large-ish collection. I quit listening to records to get away from the tweaking, but surely, there is just as much tweaking going on now on the digital side.

32 minutes ago, ronfint said:

Have you been reading any of the threads in the Music Servers forum? I no longer listen to vinyl, but I am still in the process of digitizing my large-ish collection. I quit listening to records to get away from the tweaking, but surely, there is just as much tweaking going on now on the digital side.

Only by the Everything Matters Crowd...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull