kirkmc

In Praise of the iTunes Column Browser

2 hours ago, DavidL said:

I stopped using iTunes as playback software many years ago BUT it is by far the best software I've found for curating a large music library and the column browser facility is a major reason for its superiority.

Same here :/  I also sent feedback.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - MacMini running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi wireless > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > iFi Audio xDSD + iFi Audio xCAN > Focal Elegia

Home Theater - Mac Mini running Roon Server > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Pioneer Elite SC-81 > MartinLogan Motion series home theater speakers + M&K subwoofer

as did I - put that Link on this thread and more will do so

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Dood!!   Gotta Browse da Columns!!

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

In general, I think they did the right thing to de-bloat and carve up iTunes into several stand-alone applications with distinct functionality.

However, there has been this trend to "improve" applications by removing "advanced" functionality.  They really lobotomized Keynote, Pages and iPhoto, for example.  

These are deliberate design decisions, unfortunately, so I think it is unlikely that they will reverse course.

--

Do facts matter?