IGNORED

Streaming: SBT to iFi xDSD

I listen to music via a Squeezebox Touch to my Linn system.  I have been using a Topping NX4 DSD DAC with excellent results...meaning connects immediately and no issues.  I also have an iFi xDSD that I wanted to use and am having nothing but trouble.  I picked the iFi via the Audio Settings in the SBT, have the iFi setup in Line-Out mode, and it worked...for about 9 minutes.  Then....silence.  No amount of messing around was able to get it back.  Reconnect the Topping, selected in Audio Settings, rebooted, and immediate music.  

Does anyone know of a setting or a "trick" that I am missing to get the iFi to work?

Thanks, Chris

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

I changed the xDSD firmware to 5.20 which disables MQA (came with 5.30 and I never bothered to change) and switched back to DAC mode.  That did the trick...actually I think it was the firmware.  I had tried in DAC mode then switched to Line Out.  Something must have have latched up correctly this time around.  The SBT goes through a reboot or two when switching DO and selecting the DAC.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers