IGNORED

Issues with Katana and Shanti, lack of customer service

Hi all.

I guess I'm going to try an post here to get a response from Allo.  I have two Allo products, and I'm having issues with both of them.

Shanti Power Supply  - DOA, a number of the screws stripped out/loosened during shipping and there are parts within the case that are rattling around.  I contacted them through their form submission twice, once on the day that I received it and again, 4 or 5 days later.  It's now a week and a half since receiving the power supply and I still haven't heard from Allo about a replacement.

Katana v1.2 - the unit stopped outputting sound.  I contacted them through the form submission and they actually did get back to me.  After 1.5 weeks of emails, they determined that the MCU is faulty.  But now it's been another week since then, and I haven't heard anything else.

Has anyone else had issues with Allo customer service?

Can anyone from Allo help me? 

-Bob

Yeah, on my shanti, two screws came completely off, while the other two barely held on.  One of the bolts fell out of the case and the other one was rattling around inside.

I never opened up the case itself and, it could be there's no actual damage, I still feel like that the amount of movement the transformer had and the bolt rattling around can't be good.

10 hours ago, ofmirroreye said:

Yeah, on my shanti, two screws came completely off, while the other two barely held on.  One of the bolts fell out of the case and the other one was rattling around inside.

I never opened up the case itself and, it could be there's no actual damage, I still feel like that the amount of movement the transformer had and the bolt rattling around can't be good.

Sorry for inconvenience caused ,we suspect screws loosened during the shipment . Please share your order number.

Forwarded PM please check

On 8/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, ofmirroreye said:

Hi all.

I guess I'm going to try an post here to get a response from Allo.  I have two Allo products, and I'm having issues with both of them.

Shanti Power Supply  - DOA, a number of the screws stripped out/loosened during shipping and there are parts within the case that are rattling around.  I contacted them through their form submission twice, once on the day that I received it and again, 4 or 5 days later.  It's now a week and a half since receiving the power supply and I still haven't heard from Allo about a replacement.

Katana v1.2 - the unit stopped outputting sound.  I contacted them through the form submission and they actually did get back to me.  After 1.5 weeks of emails, they determined that the MCU is faulty.  But now it's been another week since then, and I haven't heard anything else.

Has anyone else had issues with Allo customer service?

Can anyone from Allo help me? 

-Bob

Hi Bob

Our CS is looking into it and will get back asap.

As requested, I opened my Shanti (order #6234) and tightened down the two loose screws and reattached the ones that had come all the way loose.  I'm still missing one screw because the bolt fell off during shipping and it's nowhere to be found.

I powered it on and only three led's lit up.  Seeing as how there are four led's, I'm assuming they're all supposed to light up?

spacer.png

17 hours ago, ofmirroreye said:

As requested, I opened my Shanti (order #6234) and tightened down the two loose screws and reattached the ones that had come all the way loose.  I'm still missing one screw because the bolt fell off during shipping and it's nowhere to be found.

I powered it on and only three led's lit up.  Seeing as how there are four led's, I'm assuming they're all supposed to light up?

spacer.png

We have forwarded request to our sales team  for shanti replacement and we are sending it today.

And they will send shanti and MCU replacement boards together.

We will share you the tracking number through PM soon

On 8/27/2019 at 3:36 AM, Audio_Allo said:

We have forwarded request to our sales team  for shanti replacement and we are sending it today.

And they will send shanti and MCU replacement boards together.

We will share you the tracking number through PM soon

So, does the sales team not check their email?  Do they know that they're supposed to be sending be a replacement shanti and MCU replacement board? 

It's now been 3 weeks since I received a broken Shanti power supply, with multiple attempts at trying to get a replacement, and 1 week since you were supposed to send a replacement.

it's also been almost 2.5 weeks since the first time that I was told that you were supposed to replace the MCU and 1 week since the second time you were supposed to replace it.

-Bob

5 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

Hi,

The replacement boards was shipped on 27 th August and it is in transit

Tracking number shared through PM please check.

Replacement boards are supposed to be verified at sales end , then we ensure the replacement should not have any problem . This is why sometime it takes more time

Sounds great.  Thanks for the update!

Just wanted to report back that I've received both the replacement Shanti and Katana MCU board and everything is now working as it should.

The Shanti is definitely a nice piece of kit.  If Allo can work out their shipping issues (I wasn't the only person to receive one DOA), then they'll have a real winner on their hands for people who want a single, clean power source for their RPI+DAC combos.

This whole process definitely took way too long (over 3 weeks) and was kind of a big hassle (multiple ignored communications and having to post on this board), but kudos to Allo for finally making things right.

Shanti arrived, of the transformer 2 screws were tight, one required still about half a turn to be tight, the last one i needed plyers to hold the nut to tighten the screw, about half a turn.

started up fine, both negatieve floated above ground regardless of the polarity of the mains plug. About 26 volts ac.

Output voltage 5.3 v dc, noise not measurable. 

Unit is quiet.

Now connected to my Qutest, Will return with findings.

15 minutes ago, JanRSmit said:

Shanti arrived, of the transformer 2 screws were tight, one required still about half a turn to be tight, the last one i needed plyers to hold the nut to tighten the screw, about half a turn.

started up fine, both negatieve floated above ground regardless of the polarity of the mains plug. About 26 volts ac.

Output voltage 5.3 v dc, noise not measurable. 

Unit is quiet.

Now connected to my Qutest, Will return with findings.

I checked my new shanti and all the transformer screws were tight as can be.  It sounds like they realized there's an issue and are making some incremental changes.  I can't help but think that they should be adding a drop of locktite or two, to really solve this.

But in the end, they do stand behind their products, which I definitely appreciate.