IGNORED

Katana no Sound bulging CAP

Good Day from the Ottawa valley

Seems we have developed another problem with Katana. So I came home last night to high pitched buzzing/ humming once I turned on stereo. Doubt this is power related just hope it didn’t damage op amp boards.

I did test my both outputs on my LPS with standard Pi 3b+ running diet pi, both temp and voltage no errors or warning. Disappointing for a device not even one year old. Was powering Isolator feeding PI, MC feeding power to rest. The CAP did not look like this last night seems this occurred once I disconnected and set aside as a troubleshooting step. With onset of summer the Pi would complain it was running warm but not a problem so I took sides off case…for the rest hasn’t moved for months. Now that CAP is leaking I won't mention other troubleshooting steps taken. I have central air conditioning so temp in basement is 72f versus 62f in winter when we last had contact.

As a troubleshooting step I did try both of my op amp boards SQ and THD 😲 now I wish I would have checked in here first.

Been running Ropieee with weekly reboots never have to touch it.

Was purchased from Buy A Pi Feb. 19, 2019 started separate email with them so they are aware as well.

Can provide email proof of purchase in PM.

Thanks

katana buldge.jpg

katana leak.jpg

On 8/24/2019 at 3:56 AM, bokko said:

Good Day from the Ottawa valley

Seems we have developed another problem with Katana. So I came home last night to high pitched buzzing/ humming once I turned on stereo. Doubt this is power related just hope it didn’t damage op amp boards.

I did test my both outputs on my LPS with standard Pi 3b+ running diet pi, both temp and voltage no errors or warning. Disappointing for a device not even one year old. Was powering Isolator feeding PI, MC feeding power to rest. The CAP did not look like this last night seems this occurred once I disconnected and set aside as a troubleshooting step. With onset of summer the Pi would complain it was running warm but not a problem so I took sides off case…for the rest hasn’t moved for months. Now that CAP is leaking I won't mention other troubleshooting steps taken. I have central air conditioning so temp in basement is 72f versus 62f in winter when we last had contact.

As a troubleshooting step I did try both of my op amp boards SQ and THD 😲 now I wish I would have checked in here first.

Been running Ropieee with weekly reboots never have to touch it.

Was purchased from Buy A Pi Feb. 19, 2019 started separate email with them so they are aware as well.

Can provide email proof of purchase in PM.

Thanks

katana buldge.jpg

katana leak.jpg

Forwarded PM please check