barrows

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and Bricasti Design!

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, barrows said:

OK folks, we are just a little bit away from RMAF.  The Sonore team has been working hard behind the scenes to provide a fun and satisfying listening experience in our room, and we look forward to meeting all the Sonore customers and potential new customers and anyone interested in raising their systems performance by incorporating optical Ethernet audio distribution.  To those ends I announce our electronics provider for the show system: Bricasti Design.  We will be using the fantastic M21 DAC, which features an R2R ladder DAC for PCM, and a separate Native DSD DAC, and the brilliant, smooth, and deep M25 stereo amplifier.  The electronics are set up right now here, with the Signature Rendu SE optical, and are singing beautifully! at Ice Station Zebra:

RMAF.1.jpeg

Looking good Barrows.

Big thanks to Bricasti Design for they gear which is on loan for the show.   

Check back in with us because we will be sharing some unique show features as we finalize things.  

Hi Folks,  

We are getting really close now... and the excitement is building.  We are expecting to have a really nice system at RMAF, and I encourage everyone to come and visit us in room 9117!

Announcing now our loudspeakers for the show: The Vivid Audio Kaya 45s.  Vivid Audio makes some of the finest sounding loudspeakers in the world, and we very pleased that we will be pairing them with our Signature Rendu SEoptical, Bricasti electronics, and Cardas and Sonore cabling.  It is also possible that we will have a surprise, World Premier of a new product designed to simplify and improve the optical streaming set up (mums the word for now...)

kaya45.jpg

ROON: DSD 256-Signature Rendu optical--Buffalo PRO (ESS 9038) or DSC-2--Ncore 400 Stereo-Focus Audio FS888-JL E-112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, Cardas Clear AC, XLR, & speaker cables-Synergistic Blue & Hi Fi Tuning Supreme Cu Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.    Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

SONORE computer audio

Look Ma, no router or switch between the sonicTransporter and the Signature Rendu SE:)

The final piece of systemOptique is being shown for the first time in our room (#9117) at the RMAF show. The new Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 with a built in OEM version of the opticalModule is on display and directly streaming to the Sonore Signature Rendu SEopt via fiber optic cable!

This graphic demonstrates the network setup for the show

384344172_ScreenShot2019-09-06at5_54_49PM.png.6d9acef8cb303eb06f1214d4192c980f.png

These are actual images of the gear in action at the show. FYI we purposely wrapped the fiber optic cable around AC cables and Cardas power distribution box:)

20190906_094343.thumb.jpg.e96cbc204e9343e1f59f42d1f4856433.jpg

Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 OEM version of the opticalModule and custom power supply by Barrows W.

20190906_101415.thumb.jpg.463c30a6b027796986a97fe40f3aa244.jpg

Fiber optic output (top left) and WAN/LAN input (bottom right) on the Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Look Ma, no router or switch between the sonicTransporter and the Signature Rendu SE:)

The final piece of systemOptique is being shown for the first time in our room (#9117) at the RMAF show. The new Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 with a built in OEM version of the opticalModule is on display and directly streaming to the Sonore Signature Rendu SEopt via fiber optic cable!

Isn't this just using a network bridge?  You know, the thing from the fairy tale thread that you kept telling us not to do?

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 minutes ago, rickca said:

Isn't this just using a network bridge?  You know, the thing from the fairy tale thread that you kept telling us not to do?

An optical network bridge with linear regulation and low noise oscillator driving the fiber optic output with 100% galvanic isolation between the two units. FYI Barrows is powering the OEM board from a linear power supply.

Sorry, I'm still not recommending a hardwired connection from an off the shelf motherboard between a noisy computer and clean Rendu:)  

17 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This graphic demonstrates the network setup for the show

384344172_ScreenShot2019-09-06at5_54_49PM.png.6d9acef8cb303eb06f1214d4192c980f.png

These are actual images of the gear in action at the show. FYI we purposely wrapped the fiber optic cable around AC cables and Cardas power distribution box:)

20190906_094343.thumb.jpg.e96cbc204e9343e1f59f42d1f4856433.jpg

Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 OEM version of the opticalModule and custom power supply by Barrows W.

20190906_101415.thumb.jpg.463c30a6b027796986a97fe40f3aa244.jpg

Fiber optic output (top left) and WAN/LAN input (bottom right) on the Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9.

When is this Sonic Transporter with the OEM oM inside going to be on the market?

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

59 minutes ago, firedog said:

When is this Sonic Transporter with the OEM oM inside going to be on the market?

It could go into production very soon. The custom back plate is in prototyping and the final case configuration needs to be decided. Unfortunately, I don't have an eta though.