IGNORED

Upgrading from my Yiggy

Always list your other gear when asking questions like this.  I found this:

-----------------------

"My current computer setup- Mac Mini----JRiver Media Player-----ISO Regen/external power supply----Schiit Yiggy-----my only source is Flac files stored on an external Thunderbolt drive.

The rest---Pass Labs-Martin Logan Montis's.....I'm actually thrilled with the current audio performance, but I'm thinking it can be even better.

Which leads to my question.....Aurender N100H Network Music Streamer with USB Output and 4TB HD

IF I wanted to invest another 3K...is the above a good option? If not what would you do with a 3K budget?"

---------------------

So what isn't pleasing about your system?  You have a nice vinyl rig, but understand that vinyl is _usually_ a very musical and forgiving source if it's well set up.  But digital might need help in your system: have you tried tube gear?  If you want some real magic, try a tube preamp and/or tube DAC like a Lampizator.  I suggest you try out a Schiit Freya, the new "+" version and with the better Tung-Sol tubes (~$1k total), and you might find that a lot more stimulating.  Tubes make a much bigger (pro or con) difference than a DAC change, typically.  I wouldn't recommend a tube amp unless you really want much more of tubes than sources/preamps can deliver.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

6 hours ago, krelldog said:

....As always I appreciate all the help and guidance that this forum provides....   .....BTW- As noted above- My system consists of....

Glad to hear it!   FWIW, I have a good DAC but am in a similar situation; I'd like to try a different DAC, my current is an Oppo UDP-205.  OTOH, My hearing has been very damaged in the last 2-3 years.  I still want to keep native DSD payback ability (the Oppo does DSD512) because I've had good experiences with SACDs done from tapes, so want to keep the DSD ability. 

I'm looking at something very good but not terribly costly, like a Holo Spring KTE.

Side note: I wish the industry would finally settle on PCM because the majority of  sound engineers who actually use hi-res well prefer it, and there is always an absolute level indication.  DSD could be delivered with metadata to provide absolute level every few ms, but currently that's not part of the process--silly.   

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.