IGNORED

Ayre QB-9 Twenty upgrade

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, FelipeRolim said:

I'm trying to make the new driver version (4.67) work on my QB-9 (model 192/24), but with no success. I tried it on Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10, with JPLAY FEMTO, JRiver and foobar2000. In none of them did I manage to extract sound. I also tried ASIO, Kernel Streaming and WASAPI modes, also without success. I always get an error message and, in the case of JPLAY FEMTO, the computer crashes and stops working. Any tips? Or does the new version only accept the QB-9 Twenty?

I believe the newest driver is for the new USB interface in the Twenty.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bsinc said:

Hello All, now that Aurender is offering native DSD on the N100 I am looking forward to experiencing more of the capabilities of the Qb-9 Twenty. To that end the newest software is installed on the Aurender. The following appears:

CF7D51EB-A86D-4D25-A3C7-4BBED5407B87.png

5DE0C750-37EB-4F76-840C-2B4D45D77695.png

@AriMargolis should connect with @Ryan Berry on this one. I know another manufacturer had to make an adjustment for native DSD to work with the Twenty. Nobody’s fault, just a little tweak. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mydragoon said:

Hi to all QB9 Twenty owners,

I am using QB9 DSD, I found the DAC tends to have more “digital” alike sound compared to DAC like MSB Discrete DAC. So for the Twenty upgrade, is it a big difference? For eg, less “digital” sound, higher density/definition? Thanks.

Here's my detailed review and comparison.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...