IGNORED

Ayre QB-9 Twenty upgrade

I get mine Thursday and super excited. It’s up against an Aqua La Voce S3. 

Falcon LS3/5A Gold Badge • Octave V70 SE • Thorens TD-124 (full STS service and all mods)/MusiKraft DL-103 • Chord Qutest • SRC•DX USB to Dual-Coax Bridge • Melco N1Z 
Other sources: Nakamichi Dragon, Tascam BR-20 Reel to Reel and more. 
Power/Cables: Audioquest Niagara 3000, Hurricane HCs, Van den Hul The Mainsstream Hybrid Power Cord - Source Power Cables, Audioquest Thunderbird Speaker Cables, BPT

• 4 weeks later...

I let the QB-9 Twenty break in for 200-300 hours and it really did get more organic, not as much as the La Voce but started to sound extremely nice on the AX-5 Twenty. Would say punchier, more dynamic and more resolution without being bright when compared to the La Voce. The La Voce still has this magic in the midrange and timbre is impeccable. Think with the right equipment, each is a winner. 

Anyone here pair a QB-9 with Naim and have good results?

I need to figure out how to change my signature on this site as the system has changed completely. 

Falcon LS3/5A Gold Badge • Octave V70 SE • Thorens TD-124 (full STS service and all mods)/MusiKraft DL-103 • Chord Qutest • SRC•DX USB to Dual-Coax Bridge • Melco N1Z 
Power/Cables: Audioquest Niagara 3000, Hurricane HCs, Van den Hul The Mainsstream Hybrid Power Cord - Source Power Cables, Audioquest Thunderbird Speaker Cables, BPT

That’s my next step, compare an opticalRendu to my ultraRendu. Maybe also an audiophile grade switch for my NAS and media server. Soon I will also be trying the QB-9 Twenty on a Supernait 2 as it seems great on a Nait 5i. Would like to also bring a Chord Qutest and Dave into the mix.  

Sweet. Okay. Synergistic Research  Orange fuse and more hours added to the list.   Thanks guys :)

Oh, liked my Chord Signature Tuned Aray USB cable much more over the Audioquest Diamond with the Ayre. 

I’m starting to truly like the QB-9 Twenty.  Guess I’m over 300 hours now. It’s now on a 5i and on Friday, it will be on an SN2. Sunday I’ll compare it to a Chord Dave so fun times ahead.  :)  

La Voce S3 has been sold and the girlfriend is pretty sad it. She loved how it was so natural and romantic. I like how alive the Ayre is coming along and think it is actually working out very well with the Naim. It’s still got that PRAT that I’ve missed being away from Naim and maybe it can work instead of a Chord.  Loved the 2Qute in the past with my last SN2. My cousin bought my AX-5 Twenty.