IGNORED

Dropping Like Flies? Bye Audiophiliac?

Steve Guttenberg says: The Audiophiliac is on hiatus

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-audiophiliac-is-on-hiatus/

"I'm not sure what the future holds, or whether I will return to CNET in 2020,

but for now, you can catch my work on the Audiophiliac Daily Show on YouTube."

Translation: I got shit canned and being a HiFi blogger is no longer an viable way to make a living?

Well, he is not a good reviewer and he panders to the manufacturers pretty bad and it shows in his reviews.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

2 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I know him well enough. He generally defines what I consider wrong which is helpful. And sometimes he is right. Similar to a broken clock.

Interesting. I defer to your opinion. I think that is closer. I mean, a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

16 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Interesting. I defer to your opinion. I think that is closer. I mean, a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day.

I told him I like domed tweeters especially silk ones and I can pick out my favorite version of Rolling Stones songs without and experts help. He's just another audio writer with disqualifying experience, he sold high end audio equipment at retail.

6 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I told him I like domed tweeters especially silk ones and I can pick out my favorite version of Rolling Stones songs without and experts help. He's just another audio writer with disqualifying experience, he sold high end audio equipment at retail.

That means nothing, selling high end audio. I know quite a few and they have tin ears and are more impressed by brands than sound quality.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

6 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I don't like salesman, especially audio salesman.

Are they any worse than used car salesmen?

Image result for used car movie

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

His daily video blog has to be fairly time consuming. If it is getting a good number of views, he might have found continuing the written column to be a bit much, and not so worth doing anymore. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Wow, this seems like an MQA bitch fest extension with the usual suspects... I cannot help wonder why anyone would care what SG is doing if you don't like him. There is a great big world out there just full full of pleasurable things like music.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

45 minutes ago, 4est said:

Wow, this seems like an MQA bitch fest extension with the usual suspects... I cannot help wonder why anyone would care what SG is doing if you don't like him. There is a great big world out there just full full of pleasurable things like music.

I cannot help wonder why anyone would care what people talk about if they don't like the topic.

4 hours ago, 4est said:

Bitchfest -maybe. People like to bitch. And where better to do it than on a forum where it costs you basically nothing? But I can't see any connection to the MQA thread. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Bitchfest -maybe. People like to bitch. And where better to do it than on a forum where it costs you basically nothing? But I can't see any connection to the MQA thread. 

Go to AudioKarma if you want to see people bitching. I remember one thread there were someone asked for advice on a new amp at 5K cost. So many people tried to bitchslap the OP because the amount of money he is wasting as he could get an old Pioneer SX-737 for a song and a dance. You don't even want to read the threads on speaker wire there..........

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

5 hours ago, 4est said:

As usual I need to point out I'm getting on an airplane to see a concert in Texas Friday, picked up a set of NOS golf shafts last night and saw a beautiful sunset that made the horizon look like it was on fire driving home. 

I like Steve G I just disagree with him the vast majority of the time.

2 hours ago, firedog said:

...agree. there is no connection to MQA. In fact, Steve G ridiculed MQA..his official stance was it was unnecessary

from the point of view of a consumer. 

54 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

NOS golf shafts

Are they 6NS7 or 12AU7? Be careful not to break them...