IGNORED

Neil Young’s Lonely Quest to Save Music — New York Times

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

More fake news.

Here is one of the first things I purchased on iTunes, in 2009:

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 9.27.40 AM.png

(I also since found a few from 2007.)

Amazing what can be done with photoshop these days. What is Apple paying you? 

Here is an article direct from Apple, indicating that 256k downloads were not available until 2007! And even then were limited to EMI recordings.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2007/04/02Apple-Unveils-Higher-Quality-DRM-Free-Music-on-the-iTunes-Store/

Fore those of you who would rather skip reading it, here is the key quote from the article:

"CUPERTINO, California—April 2, 2007—Apple® today announced that EMI Music’s entire digital catalog of music will be available for purchase DRM-free (without digital rights management) from the iTunes® Store (www.itunes.com) worldwide in May. DRM-free tracks from EMI will be offered at higher quality 256 kbps AAC encoding, resulting in audio quality indistinguishable from the original recording, for just $1.29 per song. In addition, iTunes customers will be able to easily upgrade their entire library of all previously purchased EMI content to the higher quality DRM-free versions for just 30 cents a song. iTunes will continue to offer its entire catalog, currently over five million songs, in the same versions as today—128 kbps AAC encoding with DRM—at the same price of 99 cents per song, alongside DRM-free higher quality versions when available."

JC

4 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Amazing what can be done with photoshop these days. What is Apple paying you? 

Another psycho to put on ignore.

Next up:  Apple faked the lunar landings.  Steve Jobs killed John Lennon.

PS:   2009 came after 2007, but much before 2015, which was your original fraudulent claim, which I "photoshopped" in bold red font.

@wgscott the "2015" in @TubeLover's post #22 is clearly a typo, as right underneath that he copies in a quote found in multiple sources on the web: "Music encoded as 256kbps AAC files first came to the iTunes Store in 2007 with the launch of Apple's iTunes Plus". His subsequent posts continue to point to 2007. You guys appear to be in agreement that it was not 256 kbps from 2003 until April 2007... but don't let me stop you from enjoying a good argument.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

43 minutes ago, left channel said:

@wgscott the "2015" in @TubeLover's post #22 is clearly a typo, as right underneath that he copies in a quote found in multiple sources on the web: "Music encoded as 256kbps AAC files first came to the iTunes Store in 2007 with the launch of Apple's iTunes Plus". His subsequent posts continue to point to 2007. You guys appear to be in agreement that it was not 256 kbps from 2003 until April 2007... but don't let me stop you from enjoying a good argument.

Thank you very much for the clarification, Left Channel, it was indeed a typo. WG Scott, my apologies for my previous comment. I misread the picture that you included of the purchase, noting only the top portion where it listed the music as from 1977. I now see that you clearly outlined the 2007 below that, in red, but I had not slept for 39 hours, and was simply not able to pay adequate attention. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

That said, given the preponderance of your ascerbic, unkind and inaccurate comments on this forum, which I have read over the years, being placed on ignore by you still has to be viewed as somewhat of an honor.

JC

3 hours ago, left channel said:

It is hard to know what is a typo, and what is just incorrect, but assuming it is a typo, why is he suggesting I photoshopped the info window if it reported 2009?  As you say, if that is in fact the case, then he has no quarrel.  

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

It is hard to know what is a typo, and what is just incorrect, but assuming it is a typo, why is he suggesting I photoshopped the info window if it reported 2009?  As you say, if that is in fact the case, then he has no quarrel.  

No quarrel

JC

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

In reply to me he explained why and apologized, and in reply to you he agreed "no quarrel". You guys are assuming the worst of each other, every time, but in this case at least there truly is no quarrel.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Just mention the Grateful Dead in a positive way, and Bill will be happy...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

the Nazis didn't bomb Pearl Harbor the Japs(oh excuse me for PC incorrectness-the Empire of Japan) did

AND there are no crocs in Castro's Cuba or anywhere else in the western hemisphere(i don't think) they are called alligators ie University of Florida 'GATORS-oops i was wrong there are crocs in Florida and even in Cuba(they even originated in CUBA my bad-but for certain the Nazis didn't bomb Pearl Harbor-they were pissed the Japs did because it brought the USA into the war)

its all 'fake' history and zoology

12 hours ago, bobbmd said:

the Nazis didn't bomb Pearl Harbor the Japs(oh excuse me for PC incorrectness-the Empire of Japan) did

AND there are no crocs in Castro's Cuba or anywhere else in the western hemisphere(i don't think) they are called alligators ie University of Florida 'GATORS-oops i was wrong there are crocs in Florida and even in Cuba(they even originated in CUBA my bad-but for certain the Nazis didn't bomb Pearl Harbor-they were pissed the Japs did because it brought the USA into the war)

Amongst other inaccuracies perpetrated in this discussion............what people, and in particular, audio enthusiasts, have  against Neil Young, I will never understand. Over a very long period of time, he has been perhaps the only musical artist of any prominence to actually care about the sound quality of available recordings and attempting to make Hi Rez available so they can be listened to as intended.

JC

13 hours ago, bobbmd said:

I see some people are not familiar with John Belushi's work at Faber College...