IGNORED

Linn Classik display

Aragorn

Question

Hello,

I would like to know if anybody knows how to freeze the display contents in the display window of the Linn Classik.

Be it the tuner or cd info, it appears and disappears after a few seconds, leaving  - -   , 2 stripes as display content.

Pushing on the display button of the remote gives no result.

Also, to attain a decent volume, I have to go over the half, 50-60 whereas many other amps I got, even less in wpc but I agree that alone does not make the volume.

I tend to see that all digital sensored volume setting , be it with leds as I turn the knob, or with numbers, these tend to go high whereas the analog ancient button turn stays under.

A budget Sony does not even need the half way.

My Musical fidelity MI All In amp, tuner, cd, like the linn, scores far better in a numbered volumesetting.

I just like a low volume setting for the same loudness. Gives me a feeling of having much as reserve.

1 answer to this question

On 8/18/2019 at 2:23 AM, Aragorn said:

Hello,

I would like to know if anybody knows how to freeze the display contents in the display window of the Linn Classik.

Be it the tuner or cd info, it appears and disappears after a few seconds, leaving  - -   , 2 stripes as display content.

Pushing on the display button of the remote gives no result.

Also, to attain a decent volume, I have to go over the half, 50-60 whereas many other amps I got, even less in wpc but I agree that alone does not make the volume.

I tend to see that all digital sensored volume setting , be it with leds as I turn the knob, or with numbers, these tend to go high whereas the analog ancient button turn stays under.

A budget Sony does not even need the half way.

My Musical fidelity MI All In amp, tuner, cd, like the linn, scores far better in a numbered volumesetting.

I just like a low volume setting for the same loudness. Gives me a feeling of having much as reserve.

Theres no way to "hold" the volume setting display, thats by design as whats more important is source information for sustained display (CD track, FM station). And my Genki

behaves the same way for volume settings, theres typically not enough pre output from it at less than 50% for good listening volume.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system