Ralf11

How can I find the longest song on my iphone?

Or the biggest file - I want to delete a couple of songs to gain some storage.

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Go into Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage, and then scroll down to Music and tap that. It will show a list of how much space your music takes up on your phone. Unfortunately it's by Artist rather than Song, but just a minute or two of clicking around will reveal the largest song files, which you can delete one by one as you wish.

Thanks 

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Or, if you also have your music library on a computer, you could create a smart playlist of all tracks above a certain size, and check that on the phone. But it's rarely a few songs that will make much of a difference, unless you have lots of hour-long tracks. 

I write about Macs, iTunes, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of iTunes 12

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.