The Computer Audiophile

Mind Blown

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

According to Robin Williams, Harry had a legendary reputation for tolerance to alcohol. 

I wish @Gilbert Klein was still alive. He could share some similar stories about knowing Robin back in the day. 

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I was researching Harry Nilsson last night and came across the following facts. My mind was and still is blown.

Mama Cass Elliot and Keith Moon both died in the same room in Harry Nilsson's London flat. Four years apart. 

Is that freakier than the fact that Morrison, Joplin, Hendrix, Tim Buckley, and Cobain died at 27?

I don't know, 27 is probably about the time your youth (both physical and psyche) can no longer sustain a certain candle-at-both-ends-and-then some life.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

8 minutes ago, crenca said:

I don't know, 27 is probably about the time your youth (both physical and psyche) can no longer sustain a certain candle-at-both-ends-and-then some life.

Of course, there are famous exceptions to this "rule".  Keith Richards is usually Exhibit A.

3 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Of course, there are famous exceptions to this "rule".  Keith Richards is usually Exhibit A.

Keith has access to the same alien cyborg technology that supreme court justices have 😉

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I definitely get a kick out of perusing Wikipedia about the musicians and bands while I listen to them play.   Especially in the 60's and early 70's, there were a lot of associations and collaborations, some more obvious than others, but I usually come across surprises and something interesting.  I forget more than I recall, and enjoying a few drinks while I conduct this research doesn't help my memory, so I typically get to enjoy the information I discover over and over again. 😀 

32 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Is that freakier than the fact that Morrison, Joplin, Hendrix, Tim Buckley, and Cobain died at 27?

Or the fact that if you remove 'RI' (Rex et Imperator - King and Emperor) from the name 'Satriani' - you will get 'Satani'.? ;)

8 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

4 minutes ago, crenca said:

Keith has access to the same alien cyborg technology that supreme court justices have 😉

This guy will survive them all, atomic war and even a black hole  (he survived strychnine in his dope after all) x-D

10 Times Keith Richards Almost Died

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

By the end Harry's drinking etc,, had also ruined his voice. A shame for someone who John Lennon called "the best White singer" there was. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)