IGNORED

Article: Woodstock & McIntosh An Iconic Duo

Nice story Chris, young and no responsibilities. Wasn’t Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit blammed for some of the riots there?

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Nope, that was the ill fated Woodstock 99. 

That's right, now it's coming back.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

One of the interesting things to come out now is that many of the songs in the movie soundrak aren't the actual recordings from the concert, or are overdubbed. Plus, some of the bands, like CCR, didn't give their permission to be used in the movie. The multi-disk sets Woodstock 50 Back to the Garden supposedly are from the actual concert tapes.  From what I've heard streaming them the sound is quite good, all things considered. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, firedog said:

One of the interesting things to come out now is that many of the songs in the movie soundrak aren't the actual recordings from the concert, or are overdubbed. Plus, some of the bands, like CCR, didn't give their permission to be used in the movie. The multi-disk sets Woodstock 50 Back to the Garden supposedly are from the actual concert tapes.  From what I've heard streaming them the sound is quite good, all things considered. 

Sound is quite good, in terms of realism!

It is however not neccessarily good publicity for McIntosh, if these are the amplifiers used, as on several tracks, e.g. Melanie, the amplifier's hum is coming through loud and clear.

Dirk

P.S. If you like the Creedence, have a listen to their new 'Live at Woodstock album.  It is really good, both on music and on sound quality.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Live At Woodstock

Great topic @The Computer Audiophile. Sorry your experience was a bit miserable. I had a different experience. Loved the rain and mud. Woodstock was easily one of the best times of my life. Transcendent. Life changing. Probably the first and last time I'll ever experience that much of a humanistic, communal feeling. People spontaneously formed a human chain to help others climb a steep muddy hill where we camped out. And then some people felt sorry for us sleeping in the rain (couldn't afford a tent), so they gave us their tent and some food and drink.

Just before the now legendary Green Day mud slinging set, some kind dude generously traded me a bunch of weed for a few rolling papers. I was wondering if the band would start to complain about being pelted with mud, but in legit punk fashion, they reveled in it and started throwing it back. Good (un)clean fun.

To this day, Dave Navarro says that RHCP set with those crazy light bulb heads was one of the highlights of his entire musical career! I'll never forget seeing the whole crowd swinging their shirts over their heads during "Higher Ground." 

What an amazing time Woodstock was for me and all my NYC buddies who attended. One guy even rode his bike all the way upstate from Brooklyn. Thanks for evoking those treasured memories, Chris! I wonder if we crossed paths back then? Regardless, we're Woodstock bros now. ✌+❤️

“Using no way as way.” — Bruce Lee

31 minutes ago, PurpleWarrior said:

Great topic @The Computer Audiophile. Sorry your experience was a bit miserable. I had a different experience. Loved the rain and mud. Woodstock was easily one of the best times of my life. Transcendent. Life changing. Probably the first and last time I'll ever experience that much of a humanistic, communal feeling. People spontaneously formed a human chain to help others climb a steep muddy hill where we camped out. And then some people felt sorry for us sleeping in the rain (couldn't afford a tent), so they gave us their tent and some food and drink.

Just before the now legendary Green Day mud slinging set, some kind dude generously traded me a bunch of weed for a few rolling papers. I was wondering if the band would start to complain about being pelted with mud, but in legit punk fashion, they reveled in it and started throwing it back. Good (un)clean fun.

To this day, Dave Navarro says that RHCP set with those crazy light bulb heads was one of the highlights of his entire musical career! I'll never forget seeing the whole crowd swinging their shirts over their heads during "Higher Ground." 

What an amazing time Woodstock was for me and all my NYC buddies who attended. One guy even rode his bike all the way upstate from Brooklyn. Thanks for evoking those treasured memories, Chris! I wonder if we crossed paths back then? Regardless, we're Woodstock bros now. ✌+❤️

Wow, you brought back some additional memories! Shirts over the head during higher ground and the Green Day mud!!!

Wow. You were there too!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 8/14/2019 at 6:07 AM, ddetaey said:

Sound is quite good, in terms of realism!

It is however not neccessarily good publicity for McIntosh, if these are the amplifiers used, as on several tracks, e.g. Melanie, the amplifier's hum is coming through loud and clear.

It is well known that there was a MAJOR issue with the grounding of the sound system at Woodstock.  Performers were getting shocks on their lips when they would step up to the mic to sing.  On top of everything getting wet.  They were lucky nobody got electrocuted!

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

It is well known that there was a MAJOR issue with the grounding of the sound system at Woodstock.  Performers were getting shocks on their lips when they would step up to the mic to sing.  On top of everything getting wet.  They were lucky nobody got electrocuted!

When Bill Graham was killed after helicopter crashed into electricity tower, Bob Weir said: "But what a way to go. Like something out of Wagner".