mansr

Chord of the hour

Rate this topic

way too long!

how about a single drum beat?

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Is this Phase 1 of Audiophile Augenblick?

"The fundamental task of music is to give resonance not to objectivity but rather to the manner in which the innermost self is essentially moved according to its subjectivity and the ideal nature of the soul."  ---  GWF Hegel, Lectures On Aesthetics

Tritone - the Devil's interval Image result for heavy metal emoji

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Tritone - the Devil's interval

I'm no expert but tritone is an interval rather than a chord right? You probably mean to say Petrushka chord correct?

b5f32wfw.png

By the way, doesn't a ø7 always embeds a tritone? If so, this interval has appeared 4 posts ago right?

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

Is this Phase 1 of Audiophile Augenblick?

Totally. We've already started a harmonic structure above. I'm not knowledgeable enough to complete the harmony to cadence but I'm sure somebody here would be able to, and then continue to write out the phrase with proper voice leading and everything. Taker? After that, one of the recording engineers here would record the performance and all AS members would use it to demo their audiophile gear :x

23 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Way too long! how about a single drum beat?

Um, you mean me? Note no metric placement was specified. Real composers can put the notes down anywhere he/she likes. And if they want to bang out the whole sequence as a cluster in one go, they are most certainly welcome to do so.

35 minutes ago, accwai said:

I'm no expert but tritone is an interval rather than a chord right?

Yes, it is but it is also very often referred to as 'Devil's chord' e.g.:

The Devil's Chord: The Eerie History of 'Diabolus in Musica'

42 minutes ago, accwai said:

By the way, doesn't a ø7 always embeds a tritone?

Don't know ..haven't got that far in my harmony studies..

43 minutes ago, accwai said:

If so, this interval has appeared 4 posts ago right?

Probably it will also reappear in 666th post ;)

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Don't know ..haven't got that far in my harmony studies..

..but I know one thing - when I heard this for the first time (I think I was 16) I knew for sure the Devil was involved in the creative process in one way or another.. x-D

―  William Shakespeare.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Audio Research SP-16

Amplification - Kenwood L-07M Monoblocks

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Cables: MIT speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects

15 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

[...] I knew for sure the Devil was involved in the creative process in one way or another.. x-D

I'm an audiophile and know very little about music, but hadn't that happen at least a couple hundred years ago already?

5 hours ago, accwai said:

I'm an audiophile and know very little about music, but hadn't that happen at least a couple hundred years ago already?

Well, the Devil isn't young. And he definitely likes music, not to mention musicians' souls - especially the ones whose names end with -ni - Tartini, Paganini.. I bet Satriani has some secret deal too (and I'm not talking about a record deal here). He's just too good to make me believe that he does what he does all by himself. And his name.. starting with Sat.. ask any Satanist if this can be a coincidence..

The Devil also uses contact lenses but you may be slightly disappointed by the fact that his horns are (nowadays) just implants..

Finally - a piece of advice from Happy Mag.

―  William Shakespeare.