IGNORED

Replacement for PPA Studio USB card?

I've been happily running a Korus Win10 64bit music server (i3 3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz) for 5 years now but it appears that the dedicated PPA Studio USB card has gone faulty. As seen below, it connects to a spare PCI-E slot and enables USB connection to my RME ADI-2 DAC via one of two USB ports.

570014669_2019-08-1011_15_00.thumb.jpg.f9602c97f654798e95ae2499b9d51acc.jpg

I've taken the PPA USB card out of my server and having fitted it to a second spare PC, that too is unable to detect the DAC when its attached. If I connect the DAC to one of the standard motherboard USB sockets (on the music server or the spare PC) both detect the DAC.

Before I go ahead and look at replacing it with a modern replacement (available here) does anybody have any other internally fitted recommendations? I'm not interested in SPDIF or Toslink, just USB to USB connection...

Many thanks in advance,
Pete

Streaming: bespoke Korus Computer Audio Win11 server - jRiver MC30 - Mutec MC3+ usb - Topping D90

Industry disclosure:
https://chicagohifi.com

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Conrad Johnson, Audio Mirror, and Sean Jacobs

• 8 months later...

As way of an update... and another question... I've finally purchased and added a Matrix H USB 3 interface card within my Korus Win10 music server which allows me to connect my CXN streamer and obtain a markedly better sound than using one of the standard USB outs. There’s also internal and external power supply support, which is switchable on the Matrix H rear panel and with this in mind, I’m looking for suggestions of cost effective 9-12v (1200mA) linear PSU’s, which cost wise, sits between the £50 iFI 12v low noise power supplies and the more expensive examples around £200/£300...

Thanks in advance.. 😎

Streaming: bespoke Korus Computer Audio Win11 server - jRiver MC30 - Mutec MC3+ usb - Topping D90