IGNORED

Farewell ML

40 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

I think you are making an unwarranted assumption that could have easily been clarified with a question.Please feel free to turn it into a stronger argument if you actually value the substance of the point made.I'll look forward to it.

My intention is to refer to the statements, the steady pattern of statements here and elsewhere from this member that suggests that it all boils down to the economic bottom line and that is all that really matters.This is a kind of reductionism that, like other forms of reductionism, only tells part of the story. The poster's profession could be any number of things, and I'd still see the statement that way. A more multi-dimensional assessment is what is called for.

Apologies if this offended Stephen or you or Mikey. I intended bluntness and brevity, not belittling Stephen's career.

But on this forum where I see more offensive comments on an almost daily basis, why pick out this one?

But I've seen you let a lot worse go unchecked. Your objection is, I think, influenced by long term bias against my critical perspective, and so I take it, and Mikey's clearly partisan participation, with a large grain of Tibetan pink salt. Seems like there is a big double standard around here sometimes.

But hey, it's all about enjoying this wunnerful hobby of ours, so if it makes you happy, continue offering me remedial education so that I can learn to make better, and more civil arguments.  🦄

The problem here is reductionism applies understanding the nature of complex things. Michael's decision is not a complex thing. 

11 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

If you simply said it is a possibility that this was a simple decision, no problem. I wouldn't share that opinion, but no problem. Anything else strikes me as presumptuous. Too many here have presumed to tell us who Michael is, what's wrong with him (see Connaker rant with that title) and why he can't or couldn't hack it. Finally, it's gossip. But if that's you're pleasure, who am I to intervene? So to those who are bothered by my posts: why not put me on ignore or report me? Nothing new to see here.  🦄

What may be complex to you about retirement isn't to me. So tell what you think about this is complex. 

52 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Humans are complex. Only Michael knows the complete reason(s) why he is calling it quits. Only he knows if his farewell message was truthful (I assume it was). On the other hand, sometimes people don’t even know the real reasons they do things. We are complex beings. 

Perhaps an online presence wasn’t healthy for him. He seemed to get riled up fairly easily. That can’t be good for one’s mental health. If this was the case, site stats would be irrelevant. But, I’m only guessing. 

We can only speculate the real reasons why he is calling it quits. But, don’t we have better things to do?

This thread is now about Christopher going all philosophical on us not Michael.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

...and welcome back, Michael Lavorgna. :) Now writing for Darko.

https://darko.audio/2020/09/nad-c-338-review-or-why-you-should-care-about-chromecast-built-in/

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

On 8/10/2019 at 3:10 AM, firedog said:

You won’t have ML to kick around anymore:

https://twitteringmachines.com/farewell/

When I first saw the title "Farewell ML" and read the initial post I had never heard of twittering machines, and I was wondering what people had against Mark Levinson and why Harmon had discontinued it  I guess there are times when I am completely out of the loop. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

What is old phrase about a 'Bad Penny'.....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects