firedog

Farewell ML

Rate this topic

You won’t have ML to kick around anymore:

https://twitteringmachines.com/farewell/

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, Rexp said:

Too much hate mail from arrogant dickheads. 

You mean aggressive communication from ML especially since 2 weeks on subjectivist vs objectivist. Sometime, take step back is good for all parties.

from my side not a problem I was not following his prose.

2 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I want to wish him well in his future endeavors but the kinder gentler Michael L couldn’t build an audience.

Was he really "kindler gentler" this time around?  I don't believe I ever clicked on this new effort site, but I became bored of his type of Audiophile a while back...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

His latest articles on sarcastic and funny jokes on audiophiles now make much more sense. There will always be different subgroups of people: the entry levels, the hardened veterans, the hardcore objectivists, the hardcore subjetivists, the old school, the bleeding edge, etc. Going public is sure going to annoy some of those, and after many years it must be tiring and frustrating.

1. Sonore ultraRendu - Uptone ISO Regen - Calyx Femto - Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE stage 2 - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. JRiver - Burson Conductor V2+ - Audeze LCD-XC - Calyx Femti - Monitor Audio PL100
3. JRiver - SMSL iDEA - 1More Triple Driver IEM

2 hours ago, crenca said:

Was he really "kindler gentler" this time around?  I don't believe I ever clicked on this new effort site, but I became bored of his type of Audiophile a while back...

He was a gentler version on Twittering Machines. And had changed his tune to me.

I am going to have to prescribe my self Xanax as I will be laying awake at nigh wondering what is "in Barn" next....

and those irreplaceable pearls of audiophile wisdom....how do without>?😎

Best of luck to ML, and wishing him good health.

3 hours ago, marce said:

Now he's retired we have no beef to grind with him any more, we can no longer bitchamel about his acidic rhetoric, its all in the pasta now!

Did you mean: bechamel ??

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

47 minutes ago, marce said:

No the bitching was intentional, its the same sauce with more spittle...

spam?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

is that a Hawaiian reference??

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

On 8/10/2019 at 8:20 AM, Rt66indierock said:

I want to wish him well in his future endeavors but the kinder gentler Michael L couldn’t build an audience.

How do you come to this conclusion? Is there traffic data available somewhere?

I for one will miss him. He talked about a lot of gear that I am interested in and his writing helped me when I first set up my network. His review of the Gigafoil ethernet filter was spot on and I doubt I would have found out about it otherwise.

16 minutes ago, CrushingIt said:

I for one will miss him. He talked about a lot of gear that I am interested in and his writing helped me when I first set up my network. His review of the Gigafoil ethernet filter was spot on and I doubt I would have found out about it otherwise.

Glad, I'm not the only one. I will miss his take. We need more not less various opinions.

PPA USB> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable >LPS-1/IR/USCPB>Yggy>Freya>Mono Vidars>B&W CM5 & Definitive Technology SubAmp 600>Mmatts 15 &  Lyr 3> , Mr.Speakers Ether 2

On WTB forum Michael  made himself available for audio consultation-ish conversations both by email and phone.  You could say that he was driving me to certain brands but I didn't feel any pressure at all.  He truly was into the conversation.  He also had recommendations for any price level.  I really wish I would have consulted with him when I was spending big bucks in the past. 

I really enjoyed my conversations with him.....edge or no edge I will miss his reports. 

Put down the remote and pick up a musical instrument.....no really, learn to play something.  Your brain and spirit will thank you... :)

Gone Fishing....