IGNORED

Farewell ML

41 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Simpler explanation Michael could never attract an audience with Twittering Machines . Supported by facts dull but true. I wish him well.

Thats your speculation only. Until he speaks publicly, we don't know why he's shutting down. I'm not saying you research isn't accurate, but it may have nothing to do with the reason. 

Sorry, once a journalist always a journalist.

13 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

As I've said many times journalism died awhile ago.

Twittering Machines never broke 50,000 views a month according to my web traffic research.  For comparison MQA is Vaporware averages about 24,000 views a month. 

Not dead at all...like anything else in life if you have to seek good things out. 

The fact is (and facts are still important in this world) that you don't know why he shut it down. You could wait and hear it from him or continue to just guess.

11 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

In the United States journalism is dead. It took want ads to make it work and along came Craig's List and good bye revenue.

The same applies to Michael. Not enough people visit your site then your ad revenue is too low to make the venture work. All facts and common knowledge among those of us with clients or investors doing websites.

So journalism only happens in print newspapers? There are more outlets for journalism today than there have ever been. Some of them are outstanding, some not..that part probably hasn't changed.  Is there less on a local level? Yes for sure....but its there. 

And once again you are posting what may be a reason for the suspension of his site...you don't see the difference between your hypothesis and fact? 

5 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I have data on what the revenue potential for websites is based on advertising and sponsorship. You are making the same argument a serial entrepreneur did to me last May and failed. Twittering Machines was below a break even point that is a fact. 

I'm not arguing your data. I'm saying that it may be irrelevant. Maybe his partner makes enough to support his " fun job"

Maybe there is an illness in his family. Maybe he's a trust fund baby. There are a dozen possible answers. You are focusing on only one. One that may or may not matter to him. 

I'm honestly not sure why anyone would be venturing guesses as to why. If you really wanted to know, I'm assuming you could email him.