IGNORED

Who has tried out different USB Cables?

44 minutes ago, musicguy said:

I tried the iso Regen with every cable i own.   Cheap to the most expensive.   No matter what cable i used. It was better with the isoregen

but dont forget im using the lps 1.2 with it

musicguy.  

The quality of the LPSU used to power even the original Regen does make a difference as you have noted, with  a low noise supply derived from perhaps a12V Li on battery performing better than transformer powered PSUs (even R-Core transformers) with some capacitive coupling to A.C. mains earth. Even connecting a supplied screen on an R-Core transformer to earth can cause a small audible degradation.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, gmgraves said:

The electronics says no to both of these, but many other audiophiles embrace both, so the jury remains out on whether or not those who buy into these ideas are hearing real phenomena or are just victims of expectational bias, or of their own imaginations. 

The Jury isn't out. Neither are many people imagining these things that they report , especially when the cables are USB cables .

Many of these things are capable of being verified by correctly performed DBT sessions.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

a complex waveform might be perceivable at lower SPLs than test tones

That I can agree with, and both John Kenny and myself discussed this as recently as yesterday in another forum.

3 hours ago, Speedskater said:

That statement seems upside down.

A complex waveform is likely to have more harmonics.

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The only thing flat earthers have to fear, is sphere itself...

Groan. ¬¬