IGNORED

Who has tried out different USB Cables?

7 cables,  gen 5 gumby.

Uptone mac mini-blackcat coppertone usb- isoregen/lps1.2-  4 different headphone amps.  5 different headphones.   (I work nights so its really hard on the weekends to listen to my big stereo, up at nights)

By far, my new Blackcat coppertone usb cable beats all my other cables by a huge margin.  Second would be Blackcats silverstar usb.  I wont even give a third because they are so far below the blackcat cables i wont even use them now.

But the Blackcat coppertone usb is such a huge step up.  I would problably have to spend double if not more to beat it.   The  improvements im hearing in my music now is amazing!   Plus the new uptone mac mini project was a major step up also.

This is the first time in my life i have really enjoy computer audio.  Before it was just for back ground music while reading on the pc.  Now!!  I have probably one of the best front ends i have ever heard.   I plan on building a second system for my  2 channel.

musicguy

So,  from what i understand is gen 5 isnt true isolation?  It uses a transformer type device.   So that what makes isoregen special.  
They use an actual chipset.   go to isoregen post.    

Im not here not to discredit anyones  topology its just how they do it for perfomance and dollars.

All I know is iso regen is the best ive heard.   I own it and the lps1.2.   And I know Uptone wont like this statement but Its my dollars.   If I didnt here an improvement.   I would have sent it back.    And that why they offer 30 days.   Its the norm nowaday?

But,  man,  its works.  I even bought the cheapest usb cable i could find if its works.  Really?  who does this?  The isoregen is so revealing.!!  Its that good.  it give a listen view of all my usb cables.   cheap to awesome!!!!

So,  I think we all need to look at your whole package.   Until it enters the dac.   its matters!!    

let me make this statement.   until 2000   We didnt even matter.   There was little computer audio.  I have 3 2000 dallors plus cd players.  they are still important.   they still beat a pc,  a basic mac mini.   But my Uptone mac mini,  isoregen.  usb blackcat cable   NO they dont,  its been 15 years since a computer out did my  cd players.

enough said!!

musicguy