IGNORED

Optimizing NUC + Euphony Stylus + iFi into SA-10

This may not be exactly on topic with what you are doing but it does involve the use of the Intel NUC. I'm curious if you've tried turning off (in BIOS) the "Turbo Boost" feature on the CPU? I recently discovered this "feature" was hindering/throttling the CPU on my own NUC. I was seeing pretty high CPU utilization all the time while running ROON with DSP and Convolution enabled on my Windows 10 based NUC.

The tell tale sign other than the obvious high usage seen in Performance Monitor was in the Windows Event Log where there would be a regular entry about CPU Core 0-4 running at a reduced power level. It took awhile to find the culprit but it turned out the Turbo feature of the CPU was the reason. One would think something called Turbo would do the opposite but in this case not so much.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. As soon as I disabled this on my NUC CPU usage dropped by almost half. There are of course other things to "tweak" in the BIOS which also help but I'll leave that for another time unless you are interested in hearing more about it.