IGNORED

Optimizing NUC + Euphony Stylus + iFi into SA-10

On 8/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, Anwar said:

iFi Micro and iSilencer fixed the NUC issues of missing details, digital sound especially with decays, and poor bass control.  All those digital glares were replaced with smooth, analog sounding music.  

Could you elaborate on the value added by the iSilencer? When added in between NUC and SSD drive compared to being added to a spare port? How big is the impact compared to, say, the DC ipurifier or iMicro?

My NUC/Stylus has a USB stick holding the music files. With Optane caching, ramroot and 100% play buffering, this USB stick is not being accessed during music playback. And I don't hear much difference when the USB stick is removed altogether. 

Nevertheless, I'm open to the possibity that it is impacting SQ is some subtle way. As well as the possibility that plugging iSilencers into the spare sockets could also improve SQ. Were there diminishing returns as you progressively added more iSilencers?

• Anwar changed the title to Optimizing NUC + Euphony Stylus + iFi into SA-10

Thank you @Anwar

I may well give the iSilencer a try in due course, after my sytem has settled down with my current round of cable trials.

But I'm unlikely to bother with the DC IPurifier because the designer of my high quality PH SR7 (with short silver DC cables) has gone to great lengths to minimise the output impedance of this power supply. So adding anything to that path will impact that low impedance to some extent. There are other ways of reducing DC line noise, such as JSSG360. So even if I'm missing out here, I have to draw the line somewhere: I'm not going to try every tweak in the world - and this will be one of them.