IGNORED

HQPlayer4 EC modulator tips and techniques

ted_b

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

I had the same: last week: when I changed from AL to HQP OS the fingerprint changed. Looking at ifconfig I assumed it is because HQP bridges my two Ethernet interfaces and AL does not.

That shouldn't matter, bridge is not a real network interface, but a virtual one. It is likely something else.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Ah, wonder what it could be then. My motherboard came with two stock NIC's to which I added an Intel card with two fiber NICs. Anything to do with that?

All those interfaces appear under both? At least HQPlayer OS supports also Intel 10Gbps/fiber cards. But if both don't have drivers loaded/supporting all those, then that could be one difference.

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

All those interfaces appear under both? At least HQPlayer OS supports also Intel 10Gbps/fiber cards. But if both don't have drivers loaded/supporting all those, then that could be one difference.

See below. enp1s0f0 is the only connection that is active in my case.

AudioLinux result of ip addr:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host 
2: enp2s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 70:85:c2:a6:0a:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: enp1s0f0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:1b:21:bc:f9:8a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.1.202/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global enp1s0f0
    inet6 fe80::21b:21ff:febc:f98a/64 scope link 
4: wlp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 04:d3:b0:86:77:70 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
5: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 70:85:c2:a6:0a:d7 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
6: enp1s0f1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:1b:21:bc:f9:8b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

HQP OS result of ifconfig:

see screenshot

PHOTO_20191119_105036.jpg

audio system

It is this wireless interface:

7 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

4: wlp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 04:d3:b0:86:77:70 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

HQPlayer OS likely has driver for it, but it is possibly not loaded because the interface is not configured.

3 hours ago, robi20064 said:

Are the storage volumes or partitions part of the HW fingerprint? I had mine suddenly change on my NUC using HQPe OS after I was installing AL onto the Optane drive which changed the partition layout. Everything else is the same hardware wise. 

No, RAM, GPU or storage are not.

Seems I opened a can of worms lol

OK, so I'll look into why further since it should be the same.  Thanks to Bill, I have a guide to what to do.

One thing I was already wondering about was that my ip address is different with hqp os, and I have it set to a static ip at my router.

So checked router settings, and found that the mac address changed with hqp os, which doesn't make sense to me.  I'm using the motherboard ethernet jack for hqp os and buster, so not sure how it could be different.  I guess its a driver issue?

Randy

Could we PLEASE take these fingerprint/licensing issues off this thread.  I realize they are important, but not at all on topic with what this thread is about; that is, a compendium of tips, techniques and experiences with the new EC modulators. 

If you are having HQPlayer issues then post them in the appropriate thread, thanks.  :)

On 11/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, Holzohr said:

I have an i7 8700 (without K or T). With HQPlayer embedded on Euphony DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is not possible. DSD256 and EC5 works 'sometimes'. Of course HT and Turbo Boost are enabled. Speed is about 4.3 GHz.

With HQPlayer 4 Desktop on Windows Server 2019 in core mode on the same machine DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is possible. The problem (to me) is the HQPlayer 4 Desktop is a trial version. I have purchased the embedded version.. lol. I still want to give HQPlayer embedded on Audiolinux on the same machine a try before making a decision about purchasing HQPlayer 4 Desktop and remaining with the Windows installation.

Update! With HQPlayer embedded on Audiolinux and also on Jussi's HQPlayer OS the upsampling on DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is possible. No stutters so far but using a fanless Streacom F8 I better stay with upsampling to DSD128 (and EC7).

hqplayer.jpg

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Hello, 

Final pre-purchase check. 

I have the choice of either an i9 9900k a 9900ks or a Ryzen 3900x as a cpu to build a system around. 

I'm mostly putting together the build in order to use hqplayer so what are people's thoughts on which one of the three would be the 'best'?

Will future updates to hqplayer make the 3900x as better choice in the long run or will it always be able to make better use of a Intel cpu? 

Final question, any specific  considerations needed when choosing ram? 

As ever, all advice is welcome! 

3 hours ago, Miska said:

I would go for the 9900KS as long as stocks last...

Thanks for being specific. If I might ask, do you have specific RAM that you would recommend for use in the Gigabyte Aorus and Designare MBs that have been discussed? I recall seeing you recommend CAS and speed, but I cannot find it.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

39 minutes ago, 4est said:

Thanks for being specific. If I might ask, do you have specific RAM that you would recommend for use in the Gigabyte Aorus and Designare MBs that have been discussed? I recall seeing you recommend CAS and speed, but I cannot find it.

I would not worry to much about CAS speed. Just buy some relative cheap RAM. 8 GB is enough, but 16GB is not that expensive and is good to have if you at some point decide to use the Computer for something else.

See my recent i9-9900KS build her:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37775-best-cpu-for-hqplayer/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-1005329