IGNORED

HQPlayer4 EC modulator tips and techniques

ted_b

8 Ghz will most likely never happen.

Intel and AMD has realized this long time ago. That is why performance increses comes from adding more cores not clock increased and single digit IPC.
I have read that Intels next 10mn CPU will at best have a 18% IPC increase compared to current generation which is really 5 years old. The first reviews of the mobile version says it will only turbo up to 4.1Ghz and the desktop version next year will not clock higher than the current generation 5GHz turbo. 

I see the KF variant with GPU disabled as a marketing stunt. I have seen no reviews where it performed differently compared to K.

Also with  KF CPU You pay more for less.

I find it very unlikely that they should sound different would. The point is using a OS without a GUI then the GPU.

• 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, 4est said:

Thanks for being specific. If I might ask, do you have specific RAM that you would recommend for use in the Gigabyte Aorus and Designare MBs that have been discussed? I recall seeing you recommend CAS and speed, but I cannot find it.

I would not worry to much about CAS speed. Just buy some relative cheap RAM. 8 GB is enough, but 16GB is not that expensive and is good to have if you at some point decide to use the Computer for something else.

See my recent i9-9900KS build her:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37775-best-cpu-for-hqplayer/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-1005329