IGNORED

HQPlayer4 EC modulator tips and techniques

ted_b

I have an i7 8700 (without K or T). With HQPlayer embedded on Euphony DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is not possible. DSD256 and EC5 works 'sometimes'. Of course HT and Turbo Boost are enabled. Speed is about 4.3 GHz.

With HQPlayer 4 Desktop on Windows Server 2019 in core mode on the same machine DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is possible. The problem (to me) is the HQPlayer 4 Desktop is a trial version. I have purchased the embedded version.. lol. I still want to give HQPlayer embedded on Audiolinux on the same machine a try before making a decision about purchasing HQPlayer 4 Desktop and remaining with the Windows installation.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

On 11/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, Holzohr said:

I have an i7 8700 (without K or T). With HQPlayer embedded on Euphony DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is not possible. DSD256 and EC5 works 'sometimes'. Of course HT and Turbo Boost are enabled. Speed is about 4.3 GHz.

With HQPlayer 4 Desktop on Windows Server 2019 in core mode on the same machine DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is possible. The problem (to me) is the HQPlayer 4 Desktop is a trial version. I have purchased the embedded version.. lol. I still want to give HQPlayer embedded on Audiolinux on the same machine a try before making a decision about purchasing HQPlayer 4 Desktop and remaining with the Windows installation.

Update! With HQPlayer embedded on Audiolinux and also on Jussi's HQPlayer OS the upsampling on DSD256, poly-sinc-ext2 and EC7 is possible. No stutters so far but using a fanless Streacom F8 I better stay with upsampling to DSD128 (and EC7).

hqplayer.jpg

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro